BCD436HP/BCD536HP: 11K0F3EJN 16K0F3EJN

Status
Not open for further replies.

randyf

still trying to figure this all out
11K0F3EJN 16K0F3EJN can anyone tell me me what the difference is , both frequencies are classed as digital for two different fire depts i know that they are still broadcasting analog

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
11K0F3EJN 16K0F3EJN can anyone tell me me what the difference is , both frequencies are classed as digital for two different fire depts i know that they are still broadcasting analog

I believe those are both analogue designator.

11k is 2.5KHz deviation. Aka ‘narrowband’
16k is 5.0KHz deviation. Aka ‘wideband’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Types of radio emissions - Wikipedia

11K0F3E is the way you'll see it listed in the USA, narrow band FM voice. USA doesn't use the last 2 letters like the ITU does.
In Canada and apparently other ITU participating countries, the JN part means it's "commercial quality sound, non-multipexed".

If you can link to the department or database page, we might be able to provide more info. From those emission designators, it's FM analog, not digital.

randyf

Types of radio emissions - Wikipedia

11K0F3E is the way you'll see it listed in the USA, narrow band FM voice. USA doesn't use the last 2 letters like the ITU does.
In Canada and apparently other ITU participating countries, the JN part means it's "commercial quality sound, non-multipexed".

If you can link to the department or database page, we might be able to provide more info. From those emission designators, it's FM analog, not digital.
Tabular Results > Canadian Radio Spectrum Licence Search and Tabular Results > Canadian Radio Spectrum Licence Search

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ

Those all are a mix of analogue wideband and analogue narrowband.

In the first link there is some that look like they might be broadcast studio links. The one licensed to a welding shop is likely a crane remote control.

If you are hearing digital modulation, it is likely the license holders have not updated their licenses to reflect their transition to digital voice.

The bell media stuff I’m not sure what those designators are.

randyf

Those all are a mix of analogue wideband and analogue narrowband.

In the first link there is some that look like they might be broadcast studio links. The one licensed to a welding shop is likely a crane remote control.

If you are hearing digital modulation, it is likely the license holders have not updated their licenses to reflect their transition to digital voice.

The bell media stuff I’m not sure what those designators are.

no digital yet TAFL Licence Details this info here says lmr digital

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
It shows as analogue

b248bcbd6415ae85622927d6189364bb.jpg

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
It's showing 16K0F3EJN but says "LMR-Digital". So, you can probably chalk this one up to a database error.

Not uncommon. the 16K0F3E says it's analog, wide deviation.
But the "LMR-Digital" says otherwise. Since the emission designator is showing analog, it's anyones guess.

2019-04-03_09-48-45.jpeg

randyf

It's showing 16K0F3EJN but says "LMR-Digital". So, you can probably chalk this one up to a database error.

Not uncommon. the 16K0F3E says it's analog, wide deviation.
But the "LMR-Digital" says otherwise. Since the emission designator is showing analog, it's anyones guess.

View attachment 70043
Ah okay , this years budget has allowed $20,000 for new radios for three halls and $ 15,000 for Public Works makes me think maybe they're going DMR.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
$20k doesn't buy you much for radios these days, given the going rate of a TRBO portable is around $800 to $1000.... So $20k definitely isn't upgrading 3 halls. They might be doing it like our department did.... bought them in phases over different fiscal years to spread the price out. For us to upgrade 3 stations that was around 80 portables and we did it over about a 2 year span. So now we are basically ready for digital with the exception of our repeaters and dispatch consoles.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Ah okay , this years budget has allowed $20,000 for new radios for three halls and $ 15,000 for Public Works makes me think maybe they're going DMR

One would need to dig into the effective dates on licenses to see if they are adding/changing emissions on what they are licensed for.

DaveH

It could be digital mainly but still have analog paging on it?

The record may not be in error, they may have to keep the emission type with the widest bandwidth used, in this case analog.

If we could see the records for Ontario Fleetnet it might show 11K bandwidth for analog users, even though digital users e.g. OPP are using less (~8K for Astro25).

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.