BCD436HP/BCD536HP: 11K0F3EJN 16K0F3EJN

Status
Not open for further replies.

randyf

still trying to figure this all out
It could be digital mainly but still have analog paging on it?

The record may not be in error, they may have to keep the emission type with the widest bandwidth used, in this case analog.

If we could see the records for Ontario Fleetnet it might show 11K bandwidth for analog users, even though digital users e.g. OPP are using less (~8K for Astro25).

Dave
still coming up with a tone of 173.8 yet so i dont think switch over to digital has happened yet

slicerwizard

I think it's just IC or whatever they want to call themselves being stupid. The emission designation already includes modulation. They also have a redundant analog/digital field. Retarded.

randyf

still trying to figure this all out
$20k doesn't buy you much for radios these days, given the going rate of a TRBO portable is around $800 to $1000.... So $20k definitely isn't upgrading 3 halls. They might be doing it like our department did.... bought them in phases over different fiscal years to spread the price out. For us to upgrade 3 stations that was around 80 portables and we did it over about a 2 year span. So now we are basically ready for digital with the exception of our repeaters and dispatch consoles.

They set aside $30,000 last years budget so I guess your right, they are spreading it out over a couple of years.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
They set aside $30,000 last years budget so I guess your right, they are spreading it out over a couple of years.

Yeah, that sounds more like it.
And, it's getting harder and harder to buy analog only public safety type radios now. Probably anything they purchase will have some form of digital capability. We've been buying digital capable radios for our department for years, and we're still analog VHF and will probably be for quite a while to come.

DaveH

I think it's just IC or whatever they want to call themselves being stupid. The emission designation already includes modulation. They also have a redundant analog/digital field. Retarded.

Probably right, they are slow updating, but what should they do in the case of mixed-mode use by one agency on the same frequency, even if under different licenses?

There's a case of that south of Ottawa, analog paging plus DMR voice for fire service. Doubtless other FS's are doing this.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.