• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

12 on 1 officer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-in-TX

Premium Subscriber
mancow said:
I'm surprised he didn't empty that weapon in to them.
Even though I wished he had emptied his gun on them, considering the anti-cop movement that seems to be infecting the country (and this board) these days, they probably would have tried to sue the officer for abuse of power and unnecessary use of force...and probably would have won.

Not to mention initiating the ire of our resident "right to life at any cost" member. (Now that would be painful.) Most PD's that I deal with use two officer patrols for just that reason. This adds just a little bit of balance to confrontations such as these.

mancow said:
I'm surprised he didn't empty that weapon in to them.
I'm not. A one-on-one fight is a pretty tough situation to be in, much less a 12-on-one confrontation. Cops aren't ninjas, and they're used to being in situations where they're the ones using overwhelming force - when the odds are reversed, or just even, well, plenty of YouTube videos showing how those situations tend to work out.

After reading the writeup on Florida today, It's like the 60's and ear;y to mid 70's all over again. Back in 72' There was major riot on North Boulevard in Baton Rouge where a friend of mine's brother who was a deputy sheriff was beatened and killed with his own revolver,
and one of the news reporter's for one of the local TV stations was beatened into a coma
and is still in a vegetated stated if he's still around. That is terrible,

Status
Not open for further replies.