13995 USB Digital Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

simpilo

Looks like digital maybe a form of RFID but I doubt it's RFID because RFID sounds different. Sounds like a sick Motorola Smartzone control channel. Similar was on 13985khz USB

D

DaveNF2G

That used to be a MARS band. I don't know if it still is, but if it is something connected to the military, then the protocol might be STANAG.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I would tend to suspect a PACTOR idle, at least that was my first guess when I heard it...the repeating tones are typical of an idle signal, or a modem waiting for input....Mike

S

simpilo

Sounds moreso like a diesel engine idling waiting for driver to punch the gas.

Jim_Shaffer

The original video is gone, but I just ran across what I assume to be this signal today. It's incredibly loud here in central Pennsylvania, I thought it must be local noise til I verified it on a web sdr. So, nobody knows what or where it is?

Token

Of course without images or recordings there is no way to tell if we are talking bout the same signal, or just another one on the same frequency. There is an HF trading signal that shows up on that freq (13995 kHz center freq) quite often, it also shows up on 13990 kHz center freq. I saw it on both freqs today (06 Oct 2019). This signal appears to come from several sources, one of them is in the Chicago area, another appears to be in South America someplace.

T!

Status
Not open for further replies.