Status
Not open for further replies.

Metronorthradio

FREQ OF NATURE
Heard yesterday talking about tower moving and the meter moving, sounded like they were putting up a new antenna or some sort talk about turning nuts and bolts. it was partially encrypted could not get a tone on it but it was Digital. but sounded like tower technicians checked FCC , and nothing, not sure if it’s the exact frequency any help please thanks

ecps92

151.8800 is MURS aka VHF Bubble packs
https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Multi-Use_Radio_Service

Heard yesterday talking about tower moving and the meter moving, sounded like they were putting up a new antenna or some sort talk about turning nuts and bolts. it was partially encrypted could not get a tone on it but it was Digital. but sounded like tower technicians checked FCC , and nothing, not sure if it’s the exact frequency any help please thanks

Metronorthradio

FREQ OF NATURE
Yeah I understand that’s the channel but this was full-blown encryption just wasn’t just a Donald Duck speech inversion on the cheap radios this is the real deal that’s why I think it might’ve just been off frequency but I couldn’t get a Access code

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
There's been a few using murs, in p25 mode here after someone sold a bunch of surplus on Facebook so it wouldn't surprise me.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
If it's digital, it would be hard to tell it's encrypted.
More than likely, someone programmed up some NXDN, DMR or P25 radios for the tower crew.

My brother in law has a couple of tower crews that use MURS radios while installing microwave dishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.