152.45 mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc4jgc

While searching 152 Mhz, I see a strange display at 152.45:
"M36 152.450000
VC: 1s TGID41104"

There is a DCS of 712.

Traffic is security. Nothing in RRDB for that freq; the only listing in the FCC database is the Chrysler Museum. I'm certain it can't be that. As you can see, the above display indicates a trunk system. Is this a patch, from a commercial or private trunk system? What does "M36" mean?

ecps92

Those Freq's for Taxis are No Longer protected and there are plenty of YG and FB2 etc licenses vs the old Taxi Duplex use.

Might you be hearing East Kentucky Power Coop ? Not yet in RRDB but in the FCC

That makes sense; the question remains, why am I seeing this trunking data on vhf in FM mode?
This is a conventional freq that's reserved for for taxi and similar transportation services.

kc4jgc

Might you be hearing East Kentucky Power Coop ? Not yet in RRDB but in the FCC

Bill,
Despite your wealth of info on the spectrum, I don't understand why you would think a power coop more than 500 miles west of my location be heard on a local repeater in SE VA.

As I said in the OP, the only licensed user in the area according the FCC database (based on 25 miles radius 37.00N 76.00W) is the Chrysler Museum. The security traffic heard didn't indicate to me that it was the museum. I may be wrong, but I would think the museum's repeater would be a low powered short range system. I'll have to listen a little closer to see if hear familiar landmarks around the museum. Last night when I first posted, I heard nothing other than the usual "door secure" traffic. Hearing nothing this morning so far.

The question remains, why would my Pro-106 be picking up digital trunking data including tg info on a vhf freq transmitting in FM? This is why I'm thinking this is a patch from a UHF trunk system.

Has anyone heard this traffic and seen the display I've documented on 152.45 transmitting a 712 DCS?

ecps92

Sometimes we can never be sure if someone is traveling. ;)

My comments were based on the the statement of
"This is a conventional freq that's reserved for for taxi and similar transportation services."
as the FCC gave up the specific reservations for usage years ago, as well as restricting Trunking to higher frequencies.

Bill,
Despite your wealth of info on the spectrum, I don't understand why you would think a power coop more than 500 miles west of my location be heard on a local repeater in SE VA.

As I said in the OP, the only licensed user in the area according the FCC database (based on 25 miles radius 37.00N 76.00W) is the Chrysler Museum. The security traffic heard didn't indicate to me that it was the museum. I may be wrong, but I would think the museum's repeater would be a low powered short range system. I'll have to listen a little closer to see if hear familiar landmarks around the museum. Last night when I first posted, I heard nothing other than the usual "door secure" traffic. Hearing nothing this morning so far.

The question remains, why would my Pro-106 be picking up digital trunking data including tg info on a vhf freq transmitting in FM? This is why I'm thinking this is a patch from a UHF trunk system.

Has anyone heard this traffic and seen the display I've documented on 152.45 transmitting a 712 DCS?

richardbritt

Database Admin
152.45 used to be Yellow Cab in Norfolk. Last time I rode in one of their taxis (around 2 years ago) they were using a box on the dash and all their comms for dispatching were digital. Their license is expired (I just looked up all the 152.45 licenses in Virginia and North Carolina) but they still might be using it.

I suspect a band opening though depending on when you heard it. 2 meters has been open a lot the last several weeks (I am about 70 miles south of you in NC)

See ya

Richard

kc4jgc

It possibly could be an image frequency of the 800 mhz. Va. Beach trs. A talkgroup "40144" is listed for "Ocean Front Dispatch" but nothing for talkgroup "41104" in the RRDB.
Doubt that since VB went P25 2 or 3 years ago.

152.45 used to be Yellow Cab in Norfolk. Last time I rode in one of their taxis (around 2 years ago) they were using a box on the dash and all their comms for dispatching were digital. Their license is expired (I just looked up all the 152.45 licenses in Virginia and North Carolina) but they still might be using it.

I suspect a band opening though depending on when you heard it. 2 meters has been open a lot the last several weeks (I am about 70 miles south of you in NC)

I think all the taxi services have abandoned vhf. I remember hearing the dispatchers for Black and White always kept the mic keyed up. You could hear the cabbies reply on the speaker on the dispatch desk. That was before B&W/Norview Checker bought out Yellow. It was the evening when I heard the security traffic right before my op; a band opening is possible. It's not like it hasn't happened before in December. May never know who/what it was. The fact that stuff showed on display is still puzzling.

ecps92 said:
the FCC gave up the specific reservations for usage years ago
I did not know that. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.