153.8150 MHz (PL 94.8 Hz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph11

I've just heard "attention all beaches, pull your swimmers out of the water and come on in" on this frequency and PL. Does anyone know where this is coming from? Thanks.

fineshot1

Joseph11 said:
I've just heard "attention all beaches, pull your swimmers out of the water and come on in" on this frequency and PL. Does anyone know where this is coming from? Thanks.

Stafford Twp has an EMS usage on this freq but its listed as PL 186.2
I also noticed that Red Bank is listed on this freq but dont know the PL/DPL used.
What are you using to receive? Could it be from far off or do you think it was something local?

Joseph11

Stafford Township EMS uses 153.1850 MHz, not 153.8150 MHz. I don't think it was distant, but I was getting things from Long Island at the time. I'm using a PRO-92 and outside discone antenna.

Gilligan

Database Admin
Joseph11 said:
I've just heard "attention all beaches, pull your swimmers out of the water and come on in" on this frequency and PL.
Well, at first, I was just thinking lifeguards on a public beach. But then I thought, why would they need to "pull out" the swimmers? Most public beaches allow swimming all night, even after lifeguards are gone. So maybe some kind of private beach or organization? Just a thought.

Joseph11

Good point, but I heard the same thing on Seaside Park's Beach Patrol frequency just minutes eariler. I believe a heavy storm was supposed to be coming in at the time.

Gilligan

Database Admin
Joseph11 said:
I believe a heavy storm was supposed to be coming in at the time.
Didn't even think about that. Yep, they put the red flags out some places and "No Swimming" is enforced.

Status
Not open for further replies.