• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

154.8750 In Schuylkill County

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started hearing this frequency in the last few weeks. It is a police frequency and has decent activity on it. Anyone know who it belongs to? Im picking it up very clear in Schuylkill Haven.

What unit numbers do they identify with? That might give a clue. Lancaster City units start out with "42" as their agency designator. For instance Forty Two Nine is a supervisor...... CTCSS Tone is 71.9

hosehead88

Premium Subscriber
CStarr59 said:
I have no idea what the PL code is as I am using a basic non trunking BC92XLT, but the unit numbers are 101,112,201,207 county. Lots of activity on this channel.

Those are not Schuylkill PD units, so we can rule that out...

You on a hill in Haven?

Yes i'm up high on the side of a mountain. But then again there are large hills all around. I can pick up Exeter PD, Berks county on 155.0700 crystal clear and they are 40 miles away. But back to the frequency in question 154.8750 I just started picking it up several weeks ago. It's possibly about 60+ miles away and maybe im picking it up through a repeater on a nearby mountain.

The way it sounds it is very possible that it is Lancaster City Police. Their special units such as the task force, detectives, parking enforcement, etc use three digit numbers....

Status
Not open for further replies.