• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

155.535 MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been hearing traffic on 155.535 lately here in Muscatine. At first I thought maybe it was Knox County, IL, but what I'm getting is using a DCS of 712. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Before they switched to Starcom I could hear McHenry Co IL (about 125 miles) on 155.790 daily sometimes even on handheld scanners. You are looking at nearly straight down the river toward Marion County so the chances of troposphere ducting could be excellent. All I can say is check the locations you may hear with that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.