158.400 Albany Repeater?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Thats the point...this person seem to think everything is "License free" and runs wild....i'll bet money hes using a murs input.....so no worrys except for the output ......

jmv3085

Premium Subscriber
Will have to program those up again and listen in.154.0550 had female dispatcher talking to male drivers but no other infos such as company name etc.

thats one of Mohawk Ambulances Dispatch frequencies

quantar21

Well, I'll say this...."his" repeater output, when conditions are just right once or twice a year, gets into our repeater receiver and it is very annoying. Yes it was on our PL too. (We always thought it was skip from Canada).....we are about 200 miles from Bald Mtn at 600 feet AMSL.

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
154.055 was being used by Rensselaer County for their Agency on the Aging transport vans. The county had a license a very long time ago but it had since expired (They also had 154.115 licensed, too but also expired). I figured they moved off the channel to something else. When they were on the air, they were using a CTCSS tone of 123.0 Hz.

jmv3085

Premium Subscriber
154.055 was being used by Rensselaer County for their Agency on the Aging transport vans. The county had a license a very long time ago but it had since expired (They also had 154.115 licensed, too but also expired). I figured they moved off the channel to something else. When they were on the air, they were using a CTCSS tone of 123.0 Hz.

154.115 is still a valid frequency for Rensselaer county. KSV641 valid til 8/2021.

Last edited:

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Did ya all hear the radio traffic today at 16:15? Mdc id on the off key for one radio......and the system has a link off key as well...

N2NEH

Premium Subscriber

I hear the 158.400 "beeps" in EGB too. I have also heard voice traffic on it late at night. Sounds like utility workers of some sort.

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
154.115 is still a valid frequency for Rensselaer county. KSV641 valid til 8/2021.

My mistake. 154.115 was being used by Hudson Valley Community College for their security & operations, but have since moved to their UHF LTR system. I don't believe they use 154.115 anymore, or more to the point, I haven't monitored anything else on 154.115 except for Five Quad Rescue Squad and SUNY Cobleskill Public Safety.

Kevin

kc2kvy

Feed Provider
Yep, they have it on Grafton,Pinnacle and Rotterdam sites.

The Grafton tower is no longer in use for Mohawk. The UHF repeater links are now used as UHF operations frequencies for the Schenectady division.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
He's Back.....or did they ever leave ? tuning the band today and theres Blowing in mic/Feedback......and a new alert voice.....Womans voice.....Side Driveway.....Rear Driveway.....Front driveway.....havent caught a PL/DPL yet...

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
Honestly, it's never really gone away. I had that channel locked out because it was on the air a lot, and very strong at my location. I'll unlock it and give it a listen to tomorrow.

I still have a 'hunch' that I need to check out, but before I do, I need to obtain permission from the site owner to go and check it out...

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Spewing a PL tone out of 103.5 today.....if someone close can find the input and tone....fun times could be had...after all no license cant complain

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.