163.1 MHz Federal Agency, Boston, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanklane

Has anyone heard 'in the clear' traffic on 163.1MHz in the Boston MA area so as to identify the federal agency (s) using the Itinerant frequency? Recent comms have all been encrypted.

trumpetman

Database Admin
What's the NAC you folks are receiving, that usually helps ID who the user is, or who's responsible for that allocation at the time.

I've got 2 in my records that I've logged in Charlotte.
167: FBI
100.0: Customs

Of course there's always the 156 for DEA, 001 for USSS, 301 for Customs as well, along with a few other popular ones.

Listen in on 168.3500 if you have a decent setup, if it's a repeater that's in use, that should be the input to it.

Also keep an ear on 166.4625, that's the common channel for DHS agencies and gets just as much use, if not more.

X

xts3000r

In view of recent events, it's best not to talk about this here. Keep it to yourself!

wtf. this is radioreference. and its a encrypted frequency. its not like we are posting FBI ops or USSS comms. its ok to ask hey who is this. if some one knows. if you dont like it then leave radioreference.

X

xts3000r

Has anyone heard 'in the clear' traffic on 163.1MHz in the Boston MA area so as to identify the federal agency (s) using the Itinerant frequency? Recent comms have all been encrypted.

so its been all encrypted. to have said. they have not heard anything in the clear

ecps92

Yup. Amazing the Young Ones need the instant Gratification of being
a. the first to find a freq
b. the first to post a freq
c. the first to [see the theme]

You don't need to be first, sit back. Take Deep Breath and crack open [if of the age] a cold adult beverage and $^$# enjoy what you are hearing.

Don't post ACTIVE Surv Ops. Make Notes, read the paper 1-2-6-18-24 mo's later and GO, WoW that is who/what/where I was listening to.

Yes, share the info, but wait till it is OVER

And this does not only apply to Federal monitoring. There are plenty of new licenses every day, plug the freq in and LISTEN, don't just jump in a forum and start asking for the Alpha Tag and Tone IT takes time and monitoring to determine much of what has been built by RR and the extensive network of VOLUNTEERS, who spend the time to network and CORRECTLY determine who/what/where.

Just because there is a license doesn't mean you will ever hear anything.
Just because there is no known [expired ? maybe] license, seek it, but then research it.

<Rant Off> and hopefully someone <atleast one> will learn from this. :roll:

ecps92

Don't know where you got your info from, but.... 100% Wrong

wtf. this is radioreference. and its a encrypted frequency. its not like we are posting FBI ops or USSS comms. its ok to ask hey who is this. if some one knows. if you dont like it then leave radioreference.

ecps92

So much is out there, just use that little button called SEARCH, it might take sometime but it will be worth it. Also knowing what images your radio falses on is handy

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
So much is out there, just use that little button called SEARCH, it might take sometime but it will be worth it. Also knowing what images your radio falses on is handy

Gotta lock out those birdies!

Last edited by a moderator:

ecps92

Nope, talking about images. (All will vary, based on make/model etc)

ie: my 162-164 band get's images from the 153 Local EMS Rptr
my 173 band get's 900 Mhz Trunks
my 165 also get's images from 900 Amateur
my 457/467 get's T-Band images

Even miles away from the Tower and transmitter sites.

Knowing your image issues, will help to resolve tracking down a FALSE signal

ie: For years folks in the Boston are kept reporting DPL on a former INS Freq
Finally we got the audio and it's an Amateur 900 Rptr the DPL on the image was not the same DPL on the 900 Rptr :)

Gotta lock out those birdies!

Status
Not open for further replies.