170.025 NAC 4F9 NPS Newton Co AR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
For some time I have heard brief P25 comms on 170.025 NAC 4F9, using Takgroup 100. Today I finally recorded RID 41454 "Out at Steel Creek Campground." That's on the Buffalo National River, a 130+mi National Park in Newton Co AR near Ponca. RID 1000 is a dispatch, usually YL.

I could not find this listed in Newton CO or Boone Co AR, nor in the AR Federal listings - only Hot Spring NPS is listed there.

I'm located in Joplin MO with a beam east and only pick up during tropo enhancement. Can anyone closer confirm? Does anyone know where this repeater is located? Is it listed in RR somewhere else (I hate how Federal things get lost....)

Thanks

W

You are correct. It is the park service. It's actually called MROCC. I'm not sure where the repeater is located up in that area but that is the frequency I have to put in the scanner to listen to them when I'm up in that area.

Airboss

Silent Key
On 170.025 for the Buffalo National River there are two repeaters that I am aware of located at Compton and Hathaway AR, and they have a talkaround base station at Steel Creek. Input to that repeater system should be 165.450 MHz. Like many other NPS comm systems, you may find some UHF links. Look in to 407/416 and 410/419 portions of the UHF Gov frequency spectrum for those links.

73 and good hunting

Chief Larry

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
On 170.025 for the Buffalo National River there are two repeaters that I am aware of located at Compton and Hathaway AR, and they have a talkaround base station at Steel Creek. Input to that repeater system should be 165.450 MHz. Like many other NPS comm systems, you may find some UHF links. Look in to 407/416 and 410/419 portions of the UHF Gov frequency spectrum for those links.

73 and good hunting

Chief Larry

Thanks, Larry, appreciate your info!

W

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber

73 and good hunting

Chief Larry

And remember those links are often digital that sound like white noise and will not decode as P25 even though the VHF will decode as P25. As those are continuous, the only way to associate those ones with the VHF repeaters is to visit the transmitter site.

Status
Not open for further replies.