171.2625 active at Chicago's Festival of Lights Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Heard both encrypted and clear P25 comms on 171.2625 in Chicago last night during the Michigan Avenue Festival of Lights parade. Clear comms made reference to JHAT (Joint Hazards Assessment Team) units walking the parade route. Not sure if I was hearing repeater output, input or simplex comms. My 396T doesn't display NAC codes, so I'm not positive which agency I was hearing. My guess is that the NAC might have been 167 since they are often involved with JHAT ops. I have nothing in my records indicating that this freq has been previously reported for this type of use in Chicago.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
well..Since it was only guessed that it was 167 it doesn't have to be FBI It can be one of many DHS departments... The DHS was down there with bomb dogs also. Its federal freq from what I can see a kind of itinerant

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
well..Since it was only guessed that it was 167 it doesn't have to be FBI It can be one of many DHS departments... The DHS was down there with bomb dogs also. Its federal freq from what I can see a kind of itinerant

True enough, but past history of federal presence at large public gatherings has shown the FBI to usually take the role of coordinating agency. They usually set up the operation and often end up using FBI frequencies for all the agencies involved.

- Chris

Squad10

I've heard it used only as a repeater output, never talk-around. About two years ago I confirmed the input 163.8375, NAC for both frequencies is 167.

User is FBI. During the past couple of years, it has been used for JHAT and general ground-only surveillance.

Seems to be a single site transmitter.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Thanks!

Thanks to all who responded. A fellow scanner hobbyist in eastern DuPage County also heard this activity, so I'm fairly certain I was hearing the repeater output (as Squad 10 stated).

Status
Not open for further replies.