173.100 FBI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
Picking up 173.100 NAC 167 in Central Valley. That's a new FBI freq for me. I think it's coming from the Bay Area. Can someone take a listen and confirm?

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
I've been searching 171-174 Mhz on and off for the last couple of weeks hoping to pick up something on that new Federal phase 2 system, but have not heard anything in that range. I will let you know if I pick up anything on 173.10 from Fremont.

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
See if you hear 170.6625 at the same time ?

I did hear some chatter on it a few minutes ago (around 1:55 pm). By the time I got up to the radio it was gone but sounded like DMR transmissions (loud buzz). This could be from Mt Madonna as I would normally hear it ok.

kma371

QRT
I did hear some chatter on it a few minutes ago (around 1:55 pm). By the time I got up to the radio it was gone but sounded like DMR transmissions (loud buzz). This could be from Mt Madonna as I would normally hear it ok.

Yeah, it could be the South Bay. It is real weak and doesn't always decode the P25. I'll try and see if I can pick it up next time I'm in the area. Thanks.

ecps92

Curious if these towers are keying up at the same time, which would indicate a Wide-Area [poss Vote-Scan] system, using a common input Freq.

In my experience the Zones are built-out within a RA [Resident Agent] coverage area. So within a Field Office area, they have 1 Zone per RA as well as a Central [Downtown , usually Zone A] coverage

The 170.7500 you likely have $293 for the NAC and this should be the USM for Court House Security at the Federal Court House

Status
Not open for further replies.