173.7875 P25 Phase 2 Control Channel

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
@norcalscan and @mcjones2013, could site 71 be Pine Hill?
That'll need to be a @mcjones2013 hunt, as Pine Hill is well outside my sphere of investigation. (speculation starts) I'm curious though 71 is still a peer to Tehama County's Round Mtn site 78. That just seems quite the distance, especially with Sutter Buttes site in between both logically and physically. I guess it could be redundancy if Sutter went offline; Round and Cohasset could hand off further south. @CopperWhopper67 the possibility of 71 being Vaca is purely my internal speculation/notes based on peer-mapping of the sites and knowing where RF coverage/gaps are in my neck of the woods. 71 could certainly be Pine Hill, downtown Sac, etc. It makes sense with all the other known peers other than 78. :unsure:

officer_415

Database Admin
I picked up 171.7625 NAC 4D7 in Patterson yesterday (possibly Mt. Oso?). Since Site 71 was suspected to be Mt. Vaca, I thought it must be Site 72. However, today I ruled out Mt. Vaca for Site 71 (I was on a hill receiving CRIS and Solano SO/Fire on Mt. Vaca, and not a peep on 171.7625).

Therefore, I'm not sure whether I was receiving Site 71 or 72 in Patterson. I changed them both back to unknown for now.

officer_415

Database Admin
Looking back through this thread, Site 72 was received in Visalia (with a different frequency), so I was most likely hearing Site 71 in Patterson.

I've updated the sites and neighbor lists as best I can from this thread, but I'm going to post a new thread in the statewide forums so hopefully folks outside the Bay Area can help us figure out some of these unknown sites.

kg6nlw

Railroad & Ham Radio Extrodinare
Premium Subscriber
Just a small update that I've noticed the last few days...This is all heard off the Mt Saint Helena site via DSD+FL

Mt Tam, Mt Diablo, Mt Vaca, Big Signal Peak (Mendo Co), and Site 84 all report ISOLATED/Site down status and then back up shortly thereafter. Site 84 shows "Info Outdated" as well.

Regards,

-Frank C.

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
I've had DSDPlus locked on Mt Diablo (Site 69) for the past week. I've had a little traffic on some encrypted talkgroups. This popped up this morning. I'm assuming the registration in the red font is a radio from an outside system trying to roam onto this system, which is interesting, I haven't seen that before myself although I know the ability can exist. It appears to be a radio from the San Francisco P25 system, although it's being denied, at least on this specific site.

1687892902970.png