18 Cars Mendham Boro (Morris County)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwc142

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping that someone can help me out here. I am using the BC tool and my subscription to the RR database to load my scanner and I have loaded the Morris County Trunk System (M82S) but I don't seem to pick up any of the police. Is there something I am missing? Perhaps I'm missing the propper TGID? I can hear the sheriffs department but that's about it with all those frequencies. Any help would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks!

Regards,
Dave

Highpockets

dwc142 said:
Hi Everyone,

I am hoping that someone can help me out here. I am using the BC tool and my subscription to the RR database to load my scanner and I have loaded the Morris County Trunk System (M82S) but I don't seem to pick up any of the police. Is there something I am missing? Perhaps I'm missing the propper TGID? I can hear the sheriffs department but that's about it with all those frequencies. Any help would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks!
Regards,
Dave

What scanner do you have?

dwc142

I have a Uniden TrunkTracker IV BCD396T. Brand new about 2 weeks old! :)

-Dave

dwc142

Pursuit said:
18 cars can be heard on tg 33808

Thanks for the info Pursuit but I do have that tg in the list but I don't hear anything! When I download the Morris County codes from the BC tool that TG is located in the Morris COunty LA folder under name - MUN PD 1. It's not locked out but perhaps it's not scanning? I assume tg 33840 are the 19 cars as well? I don't hear any of them. I've left the scanner going all day with the logging and I never see any of these freq. come up. Perhaps it's not scanning them??? :( any advice as to what I may be doing wrong would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks!
-Dave

dwc142

dwc142 said:
Thanks for the info Pursuit but I do have that tg in the list but I don't hear anything! When I download the Morris County codes from the BC tool that TG is located in the Morris COunty LA folder under name - MUN PD 1. It's not locked out but perhaps it's not scanning? I assume tg 33840 are the 19 cars as well? I don't hear any of them. I've left the scanner going all day with the logging and I never see any of these freq. come up. Perhaps it's not scanning them??? :( any advice as to what I may be doing wrong would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks!
-Dave

Just wanted to add a comment, while I was scanning tonight my scanner did get a hit on Mun PD 2 - TGID 33840 however it was just scratchy and didn't really pick up anything. I know this can't be a distance thing because I am in the center of Mendham. Any ideas? Thanks for everyone's help!

Regards,
Dave

Highpockets

dwc142 said:
Just wanted to add a comment, while I was scanning tonight my scanner did get a hit on Mun PD 2 - TGID 33840 however it was just scratchy and didn't really pick up anything. I know this can't be a distance thing because I am in the center of Mendham. Any ideas? Thanks for everyone's help!
Regards,
Dave

Check that the software put both base, spacing and offsets when you uploaded the info into the scanner.

Sybex7254

Are you receiving any of the other talkgroups on the TRS? If not they the System is most likely configured incorrectly. Also which Control Channel are you receiving?

dwc142

Again, thanks for everyone's help. Here is what the software is inputting:

Base Freq 1: 471.0000
Steo 1: 0.1250
Offset 1: 380
Base Freq 2: 476.0000
Step 2: 0.1250
Offset 2: 520
Nothin for Base Freq 3 and so on.

There are 25 trunk Freq listed. for Zones 1 through 4.

I am recieving some of the talkGrounps on the TSR.

Thanks again!

Regards,
Dave

Highpockets

dwc142 said:

Thanks again!

Regards,
Dave

If all 25 frequencies are in the same bank, you only need freqs from one zone, listen to all the red frequencies in conventional mode, the one you receive the best, use that zone and the freqs from that zone. If that radio only needs the cc freqs only enter the red ones from the zone you recieve the best, you still need the base, offset, spacing, etc.

Sybex7254

Also make sure that oif you're not running in CC only mode, you have all the frequencies for Zone 1 entered.

New frequencies were added to the north and south systems. Most of the conversations are being steered to the new freqs. Unless you add them to the scanner or put the scanner in control channel only mode, you will miss the conversations.

477.475 and 477.800 were added to the south system.
471.675 and 478.075 were added to the north.

W2SJW

Database Admin
I have a ARC396 MEM file for that system I can post here if you are using that software...

Pursuit

dwc142 said:

Thanks again!

Regards,
Dave

i just notice something here you have step 1 & 2 as 0.1250 try changing that to 12.5 for step 1 & 2

dwc142

W2SJW said:
I have a ARC396 MEM file for that system I can post here if you are using that software...

I'd love that MEM file if you could provide it to me! Thanks!

-Dave

dwc142

Sybex7254 said:
Also make sure that oif you're not running in CC only mode, you have all the frequencies for Zone 1 entered.

New frequencies were added to the north and south systems. Most of the conversations are being steered to the new freqs. Unless you add them to the scanner or put the scanner in control channel only mode, you will miss the conversations.

477.475 and 477.800 were added to the south system.
471.675 and 478.075 were added to the north.

I went ahead and added these freq but I'm still not hearing anything! :(

As always thanks for everyone's help!!!

-Dave

dwc142

Pursuit said:
i just notice something here you have step 1 & 2 as 0.1250 try changing that to 12.5 for step 1 & 2

Went ahead and made these changes but not picking up anything. :(

Maybe this is coming down to a configuration problem. Anything in particular I should check? Thanks for all your help!

Regards,
Dave

W2SJW

Database Admin
dwc142 said:
I'd love that MEM file if you could provide it to me! Thanks!

-Dave

Don't forget to change the QuickKey status from where I have it assigned in mine to where you want it...

Last edited:

dwc142

W2SJW said:
Don't forget to change the QuickKey status from where I have it assigned in mine to where you want it...

Thanks for the file boss! When I import the file into the BCtool though for some reason it doesn't have any of the frequencies programed? Is there a better program I should be using than BcTool?

Regards,
Dave

W2SJW

Database Admin
Yep, it did that to me too when using it to import ARC396 MEM files. Make your freq. stack look like this (I have all 4 zones set up in 1 bank):

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.