• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

1987 Ford Taurus Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmhhutti

I have my Yaesu FT-7800R for about a mounth and I love it. I first got the Yaesu FT-60R and loved the quaility and I had to have something biger and more powerful to play around with.

2.JPG1
This view shows the seperation of the face and location of the mic.

4.JPG4
If you look at the bottom of the bracket you see the screw holes, I am kicking around the idea of mounting a second bracket to the existing one using those screw holes. Think it will work, or any ideas, or has anybody tried it and did it work?

I could really use the comments and thaughts on how I can improve on my design so please let me know what you think of my handy work.

Last edited:

nmhhutti

More Pictures

Here are the rest of the pictures.

6.JPG
This shows were the wires are entering in to the compartment.(I know the wires are showing but I am trying to decied if I should hide them or what. Me getting a new vehical is also a decideing factor)

7.JPG
This is the main unit that I put in to the compartment that you saw the wires going in to.

8.JPG
This shows my antennas. The big one is a comet, and the small one is an xm. On the opisit side of the xm antenna there is another one. NEED HELP, Any Ideas on how to run the antenna wire with my type of car????

If you have any comments or questions please let me know.

Last edited:

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
I gotta be honest, I only clicked on this thread to see pics of a 1987 Taurus :)

I would drill a couple holes and use NMO mounts for your antennas...there should be no issues of damage or resale with a 21 year old station wagon. Your radio will work better and it will look better. As for running feedline, get some zipties and split loom and clean up those loose wires.

af5rn

LOL! That car's almost as old as my wife! She doesn't need any extra holes though. :lol:

I sure miss the days of big, open transmission humps. I'd like to strangle the bastards that decided we all wanted floor shifters. :roll:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean about adding a second bracket to the first. Do you mean mounting a second radio underneath this one?

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
af5rn said:
I sure miss the days of big, open transmission humps. I'd like to strangle the bastards that decided we all wanted floor shifters. :roll:

I rented a 2007 taurus that had a open floor area, would have been a nice car for a multi-radio install.

mdfphoto

hay this is matthew just wnated to let you know what I did to run the wire for the antenna is I fed them through the door or trunk and then I drilled a little notch in to the metal after that I got some of the glue stuff for weather striping and just sealed it with that I never drill holes into the roof because its a pain and it can some times leak even if you have all the holes sealed I have a bussiness where I install radios and emergency lights if you live in North Carolina I can help you with some of this stuff just give me a holar my number is 252 305 0502 just to talk bussiness. my bussiness name is Matt's Emergency Vehicle Lighting

Thanks, Matthew

Status
Not open for further replies.