1995 Silverado K1500

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD0IPM

Here's the current install with a Kenwood v71A where the CD player would go. I'm plainng to build a full console, just takes time. I have a Uniden PC122XL cb to go in when that's done.

IMG_5137.JPG

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
NIce setup, can't wait to see it when you have your counsole done.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
You have to love vehicles that have pockets you can use or modify! Looks good, I would keep it that way personally if that's your only radio. IF you do go the console route, hopefully you'll post some pictures too!

KD0IPM

I think I'm going to put it back to the stock pocket when I finish the console. Decided to work on mocking it up tonight. This thread might need to move over to the installs section...

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
You're building a custom console? The mock up looks nice, post pictures as you go!

Mike

KD0IPM

Just riding around with the mockup to decide where things are going to be mounted. I'd like it to be usable buy thursday, but I think that's unrealistic. Going on a trip. I'll post pics as I get things done.

KD0IPM

This is hilarious to look back at. Console construction actually nearing completion finally.
Here's the armrest over a storage area.
IMG_0480.jpg

Current progress of mounting radios.
IMG_0483.jpg

All faceplates laid out in proper locations.
IMG_0436.jpg

KD0IPM

I used 3/4" MDF for the sides, front, back, and the front of the armrest/storage compartment. 1/4 MDF for the armrest and what will be the coin tray and cup holders. Always pre drill holes in this stuff.

ShawnInPaso

Premium Subscriber
Awesome work. What do you use to makes such clean cuts in the faceplates?

KD0IPM

Don't underestimate the time it takes to do this, just look at the length of time between mockup and completion here...

What did I use to make such clean cuts? Nothing. My machinist friend probably used some cutters in his CNC. ;)

KD0IPM

Yep, still had to adjust some openings with a file (since the designer and owner measured the radios with a yardstick...oh it was me measuring rather imprecisely) So anyhow, nice to have friends, or rather fiancée's family friends in low places. It's turning out as good as I imagined!

KX4KDH

Database Admin
It's also good that you can actually build a console. Look at my Grand Cherokee.. No way at all to build something for that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.