1998 Chevy 1500, show your setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDF1815

If you've got a 1998 chevy 1/2t, I'd love to see anyones setup on a similar vehicle, 89-98 silver-rado, suburban etc. Only found a couple pics searching round here. Also, show me the antenna setup. Feel free to leave a description of what you used/how you did it. I've used 2m/70cm for a long time with work, and now we're going to be using them for our farm. Wanted to put a 50w mobile in the truck.

Feel free to suggest your favorite radio too, I'm open to all suggestions. I like the look of a symmetrical antenna to match the stock radio antenna on the right of the truck. I had that setup with a cb whip on an old work truck. Don't want to cut holes, sorry ha. Let's see what you've got.

Any installation tips would be welcome. This is obviously different that throwing a cb in any truck. Thanks guys

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
This is my current set up, for the most part, for my 2002 Yukon XL ... ignore the portables, the center console is the same as some 1500 pickups, Tahoe trucks. I previously had a 99 Tahoe with two mobiles installed in a similar manner. Cut out the CD/Tape deck that is where the radios are installed and slide them in. I have brackets on the inside for the DIN box. There is plenty of room back there for wiring.

For an antenna, the 1500 hood is easy for a fender antenna and run the coax through the firewall.

Attachments

• 20160331_Truck_Radio_Setup.jpg
    20160331_Truck_Radio_Setup.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 996

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Since the original post contains no pictures, I'm closing the thread.

As per the forum description: Pictures Of Your Shack/Mobile Setup - Here you can post pictures of your shack, mobile, or portable setup for everyone to be envious of. Don't forget to rate the threads of good setups. Equipment installation questions belong here: Radio Equipment Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.