1998 Ram Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redneck0410

So I spent the better part of this afternoon installing my BCD996P2 and my Cobra 29 LX. I don't use the ashtray, so I installed Workman C29XXX 9" Deep CB Radio Bracket https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SFVBGMC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_TFXGCbM878NEQ. As the following pictures show, I installed a fender bracket Larsen TMB-34D Fender Mount, 2002 and Older Dodge Ram Trucks and wired everything up. I will try and get better pictures when I have more light.

-Shawn

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
ea2036ce02acee8261a739b84193630c.jpg
7e265401a2fd837ee3893b46a20213f4.jpg
2eb3be6703ef816548567490f2384909.jpg

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Why the wide space between radios if I can ask. Yoou have enough room for your leg to get to the gas pedal I take it?

Other than those two questions looks like you did a very good job! You should be proud of yourself.

Mike

Redneck0410

Why the wide space between radios if I can ask. Yoou have enough room for your leg to get to the gas pedal I take it?

Other than those two questions looks like you did a very good job! You should be proud of yourself.

Mike
I have plans to install two external speakers between the two radios. I spent about 5 hours getting it all ran. The bracket I installed about a half inch too close to the cupholder so now that stays permanently down.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Redneck0410

Has anyone done antennae on the roof of these trucks? In searching outside the forums here it seems as if very few, if any, have undertaken a task such as this. I’m considering an NMO CB antenna to go to my 29LX and drilling an additional hole near the rear of the roof to facilitate hooking up to my scanner. While I’m semi-happy with the setup I have currently, I’m looking to improve.

nonperson

Has anyone done antennae on the roof of these trucks? In searching outside the forums here it seems as if very few, if any, have undertaken a task such as this. I’m considering an NMO CB antenna to go to my 29LX and drilling an additional hole near the rear of the roof to facilitate hooking up to my scanner. While I’m semi-happy with the setup I have currently, I’m looking to improve.

A little late....

I had a 1999 Dodge Ram and put an NMO mount on it. Sorry I don't have the truck any more but I don't remember having any complications with it. I put mine in the middle of the roof. Take out the center dome light and or the rear third brake light and have a look.

JFYI there is a Dodge forum with a section just for the Ram pick up trucks. They have a lot of pictures and info on these trucks and installing radios in them. I posted stuff there years ago and viewed posts about this topic.

DJ11DLN

I did an NMO on my '95 when I still had it...dropped the headliner, made a hole, didn't have any specific difficulties. Not sure how similar it would be to yours being a few years newer but there it is for whatever it's worth (probably not much).

Redneck0410

A little late....

I had a 1999 Dodge Ram and put an NMO mount on it. Sorry I don't have the truck any more but I don't remember having any complications with it. I put mine in the middle of the roof. Take out the center dome light and or the rear third brake light and have a look.

JFYI there is a Dodge forum with a section just for the Ram pick up trucks. They have a lot of pictures and info on these trucks and installing radios in them. I posted stuff there years ago and viewed posts about this topic.

That's how I planned on doing the antennas... put the CB antenna in the middle of the roof (I'm still undecided as to which antenna I'm gonna use for my CB) and mount the scanner antenna just forward of the third brake light. I still have to measure cables to make sure I have enough to facilitate this.

Redneck0410

I finally got around to running my scanner antenna on the roof of the truck. Location ain’t exactly where I wanted it, due to my truck having a double roof... live and learn. Sorry for the quality of the photo.

Attachments

• 067EA345-37DE-491B-89C6-215D517CE007.jpeg
    067EA345-37DE-491B-89C6-215D517CE007.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 48
Status
Not open for further replies.