2 meter repeater linked system

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc0hsg

Due to health reasons, I've been out of the loop for awhile on the status of the linked repeater systems for central Iowa. Used to be that 147.075 was the flagship for an RF type system that went border to border, north / south. Upon reviewing the SKYWARN page on the NWS Des Moines site, I show Grimes, Williams, Mason City, and Scranton, but to me they appear as individual repeaters and not linked. I know there's a separate system utilizing the ICN Fiber, but if what I'm reading is correct, is this now one of the only linked systems left for the DSM metro? Or are the Grimes, Mason City, etc., machines all linked by RF?

Sorry if this is listed somewhere already, but I've been unable to find it so far, so please be nice!

73, Tom KC0HSG

kc0hsg

Thanks for the reply. I kind of figured (and hoped) it was such (the original RF linked system), as the system was a great tool back when I used it last. That was in the days when I was going through the Chariton machine, some general rag-chewing, but also with severe weather reports. But then I moved, got busier, and health went downhill....

School's starting soon, so maybe I'll finally have some free time to gradually get back into things. 73

timkilbride

Database Admin
Status
Not open for further replies.