2 Meters wide open tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
There was great tropo enhancement last night here in Ohio. If conditions are that stellar on 2m, it's probably noticeable on all of VHF, UHF and above. If you like scanning, you'll probably hear a lot more scanning public safety/business bands than you will ever hear scanning 2m.

mike

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Up north, Uhf is enhanced about 2 nights out of the week If there's a layer of humidity noticeable on radar. When I check myradar.com and can see the effect then I can hear it on Uhf. :) 73, n9zas

ecps92

T-Band from NY into New England as well Nice
Up north, Uhf is enhanced about 2 nights out of the week If there's a layer of humidity noticeable on radar. When I check myradar.com and can see the effect then I can hear it on Uhf. :) 73, n9zas

N2AL

There was great tropo enhancement last night here in Ohio. If conditions are that stellar on 2m, it's probably noticeable on all of VHF, UHF and above. If you like scanning, you'll probably hear a lot more scanning public safety/business bands than you will ever hear scanning 2m.

mike

A station from Cincinnati made it into a Knoxville, Tennessee repeater this morning.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I chatted with 2 nice fellows from South Carolina on 2M simplex from NJ last Saturday night. They were both running over 100 watts with beams and I was using 50 watts with a vertical. I also worked some 900MHz repeaters up in NY state.

AC2OY

Ok so if 2 and 900 is open could 6 be good as well...? I might have to get on the radio later when I'm done working my shift.😀

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
If these 2m openings are a result of tropospheric ducting, that doesn't necessarily mean that 10m or 6m are open as well.

TheSpaceMann

Been great lately! Been hitting repeaters 100+ miles away with an ELK portable 2m/440 beam antenna mounted indoors!! :)

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the inspiration. I think I'll crank up my 2/6/70 radio up also if I can hook to my antenna. A lot of storms going on down here with lightning but will hook up if we get a good break.

N3FOL

Beam Antenna

Been great lately! Been hitting repeaters 100+ miles away with an ELK portable 2m/440 beam antenna mounted indoors!! :)

That is impressive. That beam is really putting out a good signal. On my end, I was thinking of getting a J-Pole that I can play around with anywhere I go. I've heard a lot of good reviews about this antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.