2 same frequencies, 2 different PLs, interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpawel15x

There is a town that uses a frequency of 460.20000 PL 88.5 and there is a town in another county that uses the same freq but a different PL. I have the PL's programmed for both towns. Whenever both agencies talk at the same time, I get interference that causes the frequency to stop transmitting and I miss that part of the transmition. This happens on either frequency. Meaning, every time both freqs with different PLs are active I will not hear the town I'm listening to because of the interference cutting the audio out. I'm using the Pro-97 with the PLs programmed in, I tried using ATT on both freqs but I don't hear anything at all when I turned it on. I tried Locking out one freq but still happens. Is there anything I can do??

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
Yep, a directional antenna is about your only hope, and it may not completely cure the problem but it should help. The 2 transmitters are probably far enough away from each other that they don't interfere with each other, but you probably just happen to be about half way between them.

xpawel15x

Raven95150 said:
Yep, a directional antenna is about your only hope, and it may not completely cure the problem but it should help. The 2 transmitters are probably far enough away from each other that they don't interfere with each other, but you probably just happen to be about half way between them.

Yep I am exactly in the middle of these two cities. Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.