2 Tone Decode Software with Paging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8jsn

I did a search and didnt find anything and am hoping someone could point me towards this..

I am looking for software that would send a page / text message when it decodes a 2 tone. Where I am at sometimes I get our tone page on my M5 and sometimes I just simply don't.

Any ideas?

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
n8jsn said:
I did a search and didnt find anything and am hoping someone could point me towards this..

I am looking for software that would send a page / text message when it decodes a 2 tone. Where I am at sometimes I get our tone page on my M5 and sometimes I just simply don't.

Any ideas?

This program might be a start: http://comtekk.us/two-tone-decoder.htm?gclid=COzCq5XbvZMCFSgtagodA3cbCA

Maybe if you ask they'll add this as a feature. 8)

-AZ

D

DaveNF2G

Winflex used to do that, but it's almost impossible to find any more.

af5rn

n8jsn said:
Where I am at sometimes I get our tone page on my M5 and sometimes I just simply don't.
If I knew what an M5 was, I might be better able to consider your question. The only time that term has previously been used on this forum was in reference to the BMW. I assume you are not referring to your car.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
af5rn said:
If I knew what an M5 was, I might be better able to consider your question. The only time that term has previously been used on this forum was in reference to the BMW. I assume you are not referring to your car.

Thats a common shorting name of the motorola minitor 5, the newest version of the minitor pager series. Seeing as how he was talking about receiving pages, it's fairly easy to guess he was talking about a pager of some sort.

Maybe instead of making over 340 posts in a month and a half, a little reading would be in order ;)

af5rn

Grog said:
...it's fairly easy to guess he was talking about a pager of some sort.
Sure, if you're into making assumptions. I am not. And considering that there are many other receivers that do tone decoding, it is not such an obvious assumption to make.

Maybe instead of making over 340 posts in a month and a half, a little reading would be in order ;)
Thanks for the assumption, but not only did I read it entirely, I also searched it on the Google and on the Radio Reference search engine looking for the answer before I posted. How often can you say that?

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
af5rn said:
Thanks for the assumption, but not only did I read it entirely, I also searched it on the Google and on the Radio Reference search engine looking for the answer before I posted. How often can you say that?

If I am 100% sure of the answer, I don't have to search :D

You felt the need to post when you admitted you had no idea what he was talking about, seems rather funny to me :lol:

af5rn

Grog said:
You felt the need to post when you admitted you had no idea what he was talking about, seems rather funny to me :lol:
It's funny that I want to learn the things I don't know? Perhaps that concept is foreign to someone who is here to talk more than to learn, but if I wasn't interested in learning, I wouldn't ask questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.