2005 Dodge 1500 custom console

Mtnfyre

Premium Subscriber
Wanted a console for my 2005 Dodge 1500.
Paramedic and wanting to get back into firefighting after we move. So built this console. Mounted a radio shack pro 197 and a 6 switch box with a aftermarket cupholder setup due to losing ability to access cupholders after install.

Uncle helped build console. Wife helped cover with vinyl. And i installed and wired.

Attachments

Last edited:
Honestly I don't know. All I do know is it is a 800 antenna. My father in law ran a radio business. And gave.me the antenna and mount.
That is a really nice looking custom setup! A job well done IMHO! Could we get a photo of the antenna to see what it looks like and how/where it is mounted? TIA!

As for being a Paramedic; outstanding! Y'all are the ones that keep me alive when I have a MELAS stroke and I've had over 25 to-date. I am forever grateful to Paramedics!

Cheers! Dave

Nice setup. Fire fighters have been working like dogs here with the fires that have been going on in both northern and southern California. There seems to be no letup. ( Nothing but respect for the lot of you ) Might I make a recommendation? On the screws that you have holding down the fabric covered sections: there are "finishing washers" (Use that term on Google or Amazon) that can be used under the screws that reduce the possibility of the fabric tearing and help the fabric lay down more evenly.

Thanks. I am a full time Paramedic for a county in wnc. Been in emergency services for 21 years. Missed running into burning buildings. Although my wife thinks in crazy.
I miss it also. I am on FD now but only help out. I can ride the trucks but I don’t go into buildings anymore. Getting up there!

03msc

Premium Subscriber
Here is the antenna and mount.
I have a quad cab and its on the passenger back door.
Cool, now there's a throwback! I remember seeing those elevated feed 800mhz antennas (what this reminds me of) on trunks of cars back in the 90s when bag phones / install phones were the thing. I suspect it performs pretty well on the scanner.