2006 Chevy Tahoe LT POV Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

dseaton

I'm a volunteer firefighter and currently obtaining my EMT status. My vehicle is primarily used to respond to the station but occasionally I respond direct. I also am a ham radio operator. I do apologize in advance since the quality of the photos are bad, but the uploader wouldn't let me upload a better quality. If you wanna see the pictures in better quality, here is the flickr account with the photos.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/120210305@N07/

This is my 2006 Chevy Tahoe LT.
attachment.php

This is my Diamond Dual Band Antenna for my ICOM 2820h dual band amateur radio. I do plan on having a mobile radio for my VHF and hopefully install an HF rig. This might happen in a couple months.

attachment.php

As far as having radios & scanners, I have a handheld AWIN radio and a VHF radio for county dispatch. I sometimes use my ICOM radio to scan all frequencies.

As you see below, I have a Havis Vehicle Specific Console that has my Galls Full Function Siren w/ PA, STL directional lighting, and two other unmarked switches that run my front and side lights. The two speakers are used for my ham radio.

attachment.php

The STL Slim-8 works great and I am glad I bought it. The only thing I wish was changeable is the console, I wish it was a tad bit smaller because it hangs over my console but doesn't interfere with the airbags deploying.

attachment.php

For the sides of my Tahoe, I have a pair of mini-phantoms that are sync together. I am still trying to figure out how to hide the cord without having to take apart the whole half of the back end.

attachment.php

If you can see, I have an interior lightbar that works great as well.
attachment.php

I have a Youtube video of my setup and will post more video of my Tahoe in action.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIhcONZAGoo

Attachments

• Photo Mar 12, 7 17 55 PM__1394672186_64.235.154.35.jpg
    Photo Mar 12, 7 17 55 PM__1394672186_64.235.154.35.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 8,755
  • Photo Mar 12, 7 18 24 PM__1394672526_64.235.154.37.jpg
    Photo Mar 12, 7 18 24 PM__1394672526_64.235.154.37.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 12,291
  • Photo Mar 12, 7 18 04 PM__1394672970_64.235.154.34.jpg
    Photo Mar 12, 7 18 04 PM__1394672970_64.235.154.34.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 4,205
  • Photo Mar 12, 7 18 37 PM__1394673116_64.235.154.34.jpg
    Photo Mar 12, 7 18 37 PM__1394673116_64.235.154.34.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 9,117

dseaton

Thanks. I guess the first two pictures didn't show. Here is the second picture
e2yvytyb.jpg
and the first picture is just my tahoe outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Nice set up. I just hope the SAPS don't complain about using the amateur radio on non amateur frequencies.

Welcome to the world of EMS!

ff-medic

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The Appalachians - Next to the tent and campfire.
I would have taken out the arm rest and put in a full length console.

Then I would have added a dual band mobile radio....Like maybe a Vertex since I am a Vertex fan. With the Dual band radio, if you need P25 then add the P25 with the dual band. IF you do not need a P25 then add a scanner - with VHF low and VHF high capability, UHF, Aircraft & 800 mhz. If you do not need it now, with the way Public Safety is changing.....you will need it in the future.

A nice handheld. One of the bigger and larger Vertex portables with the extra life battery. ( ??? 2200 mah ).

Add a couple of LED grill lights for poor visibility ( fog - heavy rain - snow ) and for really poor weather - get one of the Visor LED lights for the passenger side visor. With the grill lights - get two colors ( red or blue, what ever your state uses. In some states EMS is red, some states like Pennsylvania....EMS is blue, Cops are red. ) But what ever your color - add two for the grill and get a white LED flasher. You can turn them on if needed like in poor visibility, or leave them off for clear nights and days. Trust me......On a highway, you cannot have enough warning ( Light ) power.

Welcome to Public Safety. Your joining us in EMS. Since you are relatively new, go to school. Get your basic math and English over with. Then do Anatomy and Physiology. Maybe some fire science classes. If you ever decide that EMS is your love in life and you want to become a Paramedic or Nurse, you have some of your classes already done.

Nice truck. Remember one thing. Keep it simple.

FF - Medic !!!

dseaton

I would have taken out the arm rest and put in a full length console.

Then I would have added a dual band mobile radio....Like maybe a Vertex since I am a Vertex fan. With the Dual band radio, if you need P25 then add the P25 with the dual band. IF you do not need a P25 then add a scanner - with VHF low and VHF high capability, UHF, Aircraft & 800 mhz. If you do not need it now, with the way Public Safety is changing.....you will need it in the future.

A nice handheld. One of the bigger and larger Vertex portables with the extra life battery. ( ??? 2200 mah ).

Add a couple of LED grill lights for poor visibility ( fog - heavy rain - snow ) and for really poor weather - get one of the Visor LED lights for the passenger side visor. With the grill lights - get two colors ( red or blue, what ever your state uses. In some states EMS is red, some states like Pennsylvania....EMS is blue, Cops are red. ) But what ever your color - add two for the grill and get a white LED flasher. You can turn them on if needed like in poor visibility, or leave them off for clear nights and days. Trust me......On a highway, you cannot have enough warning ( Light ) power.

Welcome to Public Safety. Your joining us in EMS. Since you are relatively new, go to school. Get your basic math and English over with. Then do Anatomy and Physiology. Maybe some fire science classes. If you ever decide that EMS is your love in life and you want to become a Paramedic or Nurse, you have some of your classes already done.

Nice truck. Remember one thing. Keep it simple.

FF - Medic !!!

I would have taken the whole arm rest out and put in a full console in but this is a pov and i like to keep it as simple and as stock inside wise as possible. I am in the process of trying to "clean up" the console area like moving the 3-plug cigar charger to the other side and maybe cleaning the wires up inside the console. As far as the ham radio frequency on the public service channel, I have a VHF handheld for me to transmit and I only use the public service channel on my ham radio to monitor. I am in the process of getting some lights put into my headlights (red and white) and also in the back but that can take time. I thank every one of you for the comments and hope to have more pictures of it soon and possibly some improvements.

Dylan

Status
Not open for further replies.