• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

2006 Maxima scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1wof

This is my installation of a B996xt, RH96, and rooftop antenna. It's my personal car so I didnt want too elaborate a setup. This is not a great car for a scanner, the dash has almost no room. I ended up mounting the radio under the seat with the head next to the center console. I never liked sideways mounted radios, but its not as bad as I thought it would be.

Attachments

KB1VNG

Premium Subscriber
Very nice and clean. I as well, do not like sideways mounts and am currently trying to figure something out for my 2011 Accord Coupe. I do not have a remount mount head though, so things are tougher. Where is Ma are you?

wogggieee

I have the same car, and you're right its not a real good radio car. I ended up putting a mic clip on the face of the center stack for my 396xt and my ham rig is partially obstructing the cd player. But thats not a big deal since i always use my ipod.

KB1VNG

Premium Subscriber
Do you have any pictures you could send over? Would be interested in seeing them. I have a Yaesu FT2600 I need to mount somewhere.

KB1VNG

Premium Subscriber
Yes, wogggieee, I was wondering if you have any photos of your setup in the Accord?

n1wof

Just a quick update, I installed the Globalsat MR350,connected to the 996xt.. Havent done much with the programming yet.

This is my installation of a B996xt, RH96, and rooftop antenna. It's my personal car so I didnt want too elaborate a setup. This is not a great car for a scanner, the dash has almost no room. I ended up mounting the radio under the seat with the head next to the center console. I never liked sideways mounted radios, but its not as bad as I thought it would be.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.