2006 Maxima scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1wof

Feed Provider
This is my installation of a B996xt, RH96, and rooftop antenna. It's my personal car so I didnt want too elaborate a setup. This is not a great car for a scanner, the dash has almost no room. I ended up mounting the radio under the seat with the head next to the center console. I never liked sideways mounted radios, but its not as bad as I thought it would be.

Attachments

• antenna (Medium).JPG
    antenna (Medium).JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 2,589
  • Rear antenna (Medium).JPG
    Rear antenna (Medium).JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 2,608
  • side radio (Medium).JPG
    side radio (Medium).JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 2,244

W1JJP

Premium Subscriber
Very nice and clean. I as well, do not like sideways mounts and am currently trying to figure something out for my 2011 Accord Coupe. I do not have a remount mount head though, so things are tougher. Where is Ma are you?

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
I have the same car, and you're right its not a real good radio car. I ended up putting a mic clip on the face of the center stack for my 396xt and my ham rig is partially obstructing the cd player. But thats not a big deal since i always use my ipod.

W1JJP

Premium Subscriber
Do you have any pictures you could send over? Would be interested in seeing them. I have a Yaesu FT2600 I need to mount somewhere.

n1wof

Feed Provider
Just a quick update, I installed the Globalsat MR350,connected to the 996xt.. Havent done much with the programming yet.

This is my installation of a B996xt, RH96, and rooftop antenna. It's my personal car so I didnt want too elaborate a setup. This is not a great car for a scanner, the dash has almost no room. I ended up mounting the radio under the seat with the head next to the center console. I never liked sideways mounted radios, but its not as bad as I thought it would be.

Attachments

• rsz_maxiam_antennas.jpg
    rsz_maxiam_antennas.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 971
Status
Not open for further replies.