2007 Tahoe update with SDS100

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
My SDS100 now has a new location when mobile. Now if Uniden would just release a mobile version I can replace the 536.

My Install

Attachments

• IMG_0594.jpeg
    IMG_0594.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 3,395

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Looks like a Watson on your SDS100, and is that with the stock adapter?

Looking good! I'd say you are covered :)

wise871

Database Admin
Looks like a Watson on your SDS100, and is that with the stock adapter?

Looking good! I'd say you are covered :)

I’m using the Diamond RH77CA. I’m using the Uniden supplied SMA/BNC adapter with it. I used a black zip tie around it so I could hold it to remove the BNC antenna without the thing unscrewing. Uniden made the adapter so small you can’t get your fingers around it to remove a BNC antenna. I may try to find a o-ring to fit it later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
Does the scanner shake around with it only being held by the mic clip holder? I bought the ProClip mount too, but the scanner shakes around too much to use it.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
I’m using the Diamond RH77CA. I’m using the Uniden supplied SMA/BNC adapter with it. I used a black zip tie around it so I could hold it to remove the BNC antenna without the thing unscrewing. Uniden made the adapter so small you can’t get your fingers around it to remove a BNC antenna. I may try to find a o-ring to fit it later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It helps when removing the BNC antenna to push into the body of the radio with your thumb and forefinger before you twist the BNC a 1/4 turn.

That pushing in takes the pressure of the spring washer inside the antenna side of the connection off the two small stubs. That makes it easier to twist off the antenna and leave the adaptor behind.

Mike

SCPD

QRT
What are you using to hold the scanner to the dashboard?
How's the SDS-100 perform in the vehicle?

K2RNI

It helps when removing the BNC antenna to push into the body of the radio with your thumb and forefinger before you twist the BNC a 1/4 turn.

That pushing in takes the pressure of the spring washer inside the antenna side of the connection off the two small stubs. That makes it easier to twist off the antenna and leave the adaptor behind.

Mike

Or just get the SMA version like everyone else and avoid the signal loss from adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.