2008 Ford Ranger install re-do

Status
Not open for further replies.

djpaulino

Premium Subscriber
So I decided to re-do my install, took out the passenger seat and center console yesterday to make cabling and access easier. Going to HRO this morning to get new NMO Antenna mounts. My new install will include the following:

Motorola XTL2500 VHF
Uniden BCD996P2 (wanted to do a din mount with the stereo , but doesn't look like it will work without a lot of trimming on the bezel)
Powerwerks DB750 VHF/UHF (remote mounting the head) Ham/GMRS, I've had this as a base for about a year, this is a great radio with great audio. it has mixed reviews..I'm very happy with the performance, a solid radio.

Antennas:

PCTEL BMWV1365S (For the XTL 2500)

Larsen NMO3E700B (for the 996P2, this is a great low profile 700/800Mhz antenna and it works great on all bands even decent on low band 39Mhz for CHP. I've tried a lot of different scanner antennas and this performs very well)

Comet SS460SB ( for the Powerwerks DB-750, another low profile great performing antenna

Kenwood KDC-BT762HD (waiting for a install kit, really cool stereo, HD Radio,Bluetooth, SiriusXM, )

Just finishing up programming on all the other radios. I will post progress pics over the next week or so. I appreciate all the pics from others. It's nice to see other projects and to get ideas on my install. Stay tuned for more..

Attachments

• install1.jpg
    install1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,599
  • install2.jpg
    install2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,494

djpaulino

Premium Subscriber
making progress

I got the antennas installed ( pics later) and currently routing speaker cables and power. Did a test fit of the 996P2 with the stereo..took some modification of the bezel. Not sure if I like it..my go with a traditional install under the dash and go with a double din size Bluetooth touchscreen stereo.

Attachments

• install3.jpg
    install3.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 1,140

djpaulino

Premium Subscriber
almost done

Still have some tweeking to do , I took the plastic off, ok? Next step is to install the Powererks DB-750 VHF/UHF remote mount.

Attachments

• install5.jpg
    install5.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 830
  • install6.jpg
    install6.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 914

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Not a bad setup thus far. Personally I would've just set the XTL up for MPL and forgone an additional VHF rig but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.