2010 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpryor

I will be attending the 2010 CES this upcoming January in Las Vegas. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to cover the show from both a professional as well as check out things from a hobbyist, enthusiast and personal perspective. While not being occupied by topics related to my day job, I plan to check out a variety of exhibitors and other interesting sessions. I'll also be sure to slide by the GRE booth, I suspect that there won't be much more for display than what they had at the Dayton Hamvention. But maybe they'll have an future iScan digital prototype or other GRE branded models.

Anyone else from here going to be in Vegas for the show?

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Looks like just you and UPMan Jeff. Don't forget to check in when you have juicy information. :twisted:

jpryor

Not sure if UPMan will be there, as Uniden is not an exhibitor again this year. But I will be checking out GRE and will have time at their booth for some discussion and questions.

Follow me on Twitter @jpryor223 for real time updates and TwitPic images through out each day. GRE related news would likely come on Thursday and/or Friday. If I can easily get to this thread while on the CES floor, I may be able to put something here as well.

See my hobbyist web log for more information regarding my CES/Las Vegas trip: Jeffrey Pryor KC8NNO. I'll also include more details and recap information from each day on my blog.

And folks can keep track of my position on APRS.fi via my KC8NNO-12 APRS-enabled location tracking Smart Phone. Or at least when I have GPS coverage.

Jeff KC8NNO

jpryor

Here are some of the general discussion topics and areas that I plan to cover with my contact at GRE while at CES:
  • General
    • Introductions
    • Your background and role at GRE
    • GRE's key message at CES 2010
  • Market
    • Challenges of the "niche" scanner market space
    • Distribution business model (Direct vs dealer vs OEM/ODM)
    • Who are target customers and markets
    • Marketing methods, customer/end user interactions
  • Manufacturing
    • Capturing requirements and the voice of the customer
    • Scanner design, development, manufacturing life cycle
  • Industry
    • Partners and collaboration (Radio Reference, etc)
    • Benefits from competition and other manufacturers
    • Impact from current economic environment
    • Largest and latest challenges in the industry
    • Ever changing technology and the future
I will also likely have some follow up product questions regarding GRE branded scanner models, the Radio Shack iScan and future models that may have the SD Card features, and other recent GRE scanner technologies.

I am working on a final list of questions, please review the discussion topics I have for GRE on this post and feel free to add any ideas or specific questions that folks may want answered. I'd likely be able to review and consider any items for inclusion if posted here prior to this Wednesday evening.

Thanks all,
Jeff

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Ask them why they let radioshack release the Pro-107 a month before they even announce their GRE version.. Seems like radioshack got the one-up on them to release for Christmas buying season (RS pays)
And why they are acting like we haven't already seen / used this "revolutionary" technology already. It's not super news/super secret if it's already for sale.

jpryor

Wirelessly posted (HTC-ST7377/1.59.502.3 (67150) Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0) UP.Link/6.3.1.17.06.3.1.17.0)

hi all, i do have some discussion points and items related to some of the things you all have mentioned, i will indeed work these specific questions in

jpryor

Wirelessly posted (HTC-ST7377/1.59.502.3 (67150) Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0))

just posted a pic of gre booth on twitter, will have more to talk about new gre branded models tommorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.