• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

2011 2500 hd silverado radio install

Status
Not open for further replies.

327skidoo

hi all i am installing a two way radio in a 2011 chevy pickup (Something i have done many times and am very familiar with) i have always ran the power cable straight to the battery but the customer i am installing it for wants it hooked up to keyed power i was wondering if there was a place under the dash i could steal power from thanks in advanced

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
I would put a ignition switched relay in line to power it.[/QUOTE]

Yeh. That's what we did. We used the older Ford starter solonoid relay.
On the other hand, what kind of radio are we talking about installing? It may be one that has an AUTO power off mode you can program into it if that is the concern.

wg5jim

hi all i am installing a two way radio in a 2011 chevy pickup (Something i have done many times and am very familiar with) i have always ran the power cable straight to the battery but the customer i am installing it for wants it hooked up to keyed power i was wondering if there was a place under the dash i could steal power from thanks in advanced

How did you end up doing the power and antenna? I'm working on my 2009 Silverado 2500HD Duramax LTZ.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
im doing my first duramax. Which battery should i use.. the one on the drivers side toward front or the pass side rear near firewall

Frank

KK4LBX

duramax

If I'm not mistaking, you would need to hook to the main battery in which looks like everything else is coming off of. If it's like the Cummins I was messing with, it was like that and had a hot wire going around the front of the motor to the other battery linking it. I mean check it out little more before taking my info completely but that's what I'd do if it was me.

bikinjohn

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) CriOS/31.0.1650.18 Mobile/10B350 Safari/8536.25)

The battery on the pass side is the only battery on most Chevy trucks/SUVs. That would lead me to believe the battery on the driver side is the aux battery, but since it's a diesel I would assume they are connected in parallel constantly with a thick gauge wire so it really wouldn't matter.

brennank

You guys should really look through the GM Upfitters manuals. Lots of information in there and many places to tie in for power. Many are easier and lead to a cleaner install then running to the battery.

GM UPFITTER - Body Builder Manuals

Use these all the time for my Duramax. The Upfitters manual and Helms service manuals are invaluable if you do any of your own work.

On your Duramax the batteries are connected together. It does not matter what battery you use.

Status
Not open for further replies.