• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

2015 F150 nmo roof mounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX5812

Hello all,
My plan is to have a dual band, uhf dmr, 220 radio. I’ve noticed on the roof of the truck curves pretty good. Can I see some pics of different installs so I know where the holes on the roof need to be

N9IIT

What type of roof do you have? I have a 2015 F-150 with the double moonroof so my options for roof mounting are limited. I think when I do put a radio in the truck I'll get a headache rack and mount the antennae on there.

W0JJK

I put 6 NMO on a 2018 extended cab. I will try to get a picture loaded when I get in the office tomorrow.

There is structure brace in the ceiling that you should find first before you make the hole.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I had a 2011 Supercrew

You can mount two NMO mounts dead center (on the left/right plane). One can go at the first "cross rib" from the rear of the cab. The second one can go forward of the rear brake light.
If you need to mount 3 or more, you'll need to put some off to the sides.

Going down the dead center, you can drill the 3/4 mounting holes in the center, then route the coaxial cable back towards the rear dome light. You'll need to remove the dome light, but there's a hole just forward of the light where you can route the coaxial cable out. You can route the cable out to the sides and down the back of the cab, or down the "B" pillar if it's a crew cab. On mine, I ran everything to the back drivers side corner and down to the RF decks mounted behind the back seat.

If you are going off to the sides, I haven't done that on an F-150, but I've done it on a 2017 regular cab F-350.

It's a good idea to pull the rubber trim around from the edge of the door and lower the head liner a bit. You don't need to drop it all the way, but enough to see where any cross braces are.

Since you didn't mention which cab style you have, it's hard to guess, but that should get you started.

W0JJK

Here is a picture of 6 antennas in the roof.

The middle one's are a little forward due to the support in the ceiling.

Attachments

• 20180612_164254 (1).pdf
    926 KB · Views: 249

OhSixTJ

Hello all,

My plan is to have a dual band, uhf dmr, 220 radio. I’ve noticed on the roof of the truck curves pretty good. Can I see some pics of different installs so I know where the holes on the roof need to be

I used a fiberglass wire fishing rod thing to see where the sun structure was in both my F150 (without moonroof) and F250 (with moonroof). I inserted it through the 3rd brake light and felt how far forward I could go. I suggest doing this. Just an FYI, the dual band and 220 antenna are probably gonna sing like crazy. Annoys the heck out of me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.