2017-Starcom21 Thread Sites/Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.
TG 5806?

Yesterday during the serve weather heard talkgroup 5806 affiliate on the Peoria County simulcast. Heard units WF 1 and WF 2. Assuming WF 1 and WF 2 would be Woodford County. Did anybody else catch this talkgroup?

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Bunch of affiliations this morning off 149 for the following with RIDs 130xxx and 131xxx:

3956 - Encrypted
3957 - Encrypted
3967 - Encrypted

May be encryption on the others, I just didn't catch any calls on them. Got an affiliation from a Glenview dispatch RID on 3941 and affiliations from some of the unknown IDs on Glenview talkgroups.

MikeyC

On the ISTHA Maintenance talkgroups today while traveling I noticed a number of new radio IDs appearing in the 17xxx series. They didn't appear to be "new units" but also don't follow the traditional format for tollway units. For example, I caught 17070 as Truck 404 and 17098 as HELP 5.

Any ideas?

TG 5806?

That makes sense given that's the radios IDs they use on 453.550.

When it went off that's all I heard. WF 1 and WF 2. I never heard any other response from either unit other than calling each other. Maybe an interop talkgroup or just for Woodford County. Not enough info to ID the talkgroup.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Yesterday during the serve weather heard talkgroup 5806 affiliate on the Peoria County simulcast. Heard units WF 1 and WF 2. Assuming WF 1 and WF 2 would be Woodford County. Did anybody else catch this talkgroup?

Did you happen to catch any of the RIDs in use on TG 5806, Anthony? In the Chicago area, TGs 5791-5805 are active (but mostly ENC) with 4610xx RIDs.

kadlf

Premium Subscriber
RS Pro-652 in McLean County

I had an Uniden Home Patrol 1 and never received anything on it. I sold that and picked up a Pro-652 and downloaded database for McLean County and nothing. I used to get tons of stuff years back with analog but now with digital, nothing. Any suggestions? Dave.

GFerg1919

McLean county

You should be able to get McLean County, Bloomington, Normal, as well as ISP district 6, 8, 9, and 10.
Must be something not properly programmed.

K9JLR

I had an Uniden Home Patrol 1 and never received anything on it. I sold that and picked up a Pro-652 and downloaded database for McLean County and nothing. I used to get tons of stuff years back with analog but now with digital, nothing. Any suggestions? Dave.

You should be hearing some local stuff. That having been said, did you also download the Starcom 21 statewide database? Most of the county's law enforcement traffic, as well as all of the ISP traffic, uses Starcom. I never have a problem hearing local comms when I'm in Bloomington-Normal on the database that the 536HP uses.

Where do you live and what antenna(s) are you using for reception? Stock or external?

kadlf

Premium Subscriber
Pro-652 Bloomington, Illinois

Thank you for your replies. I reprogrammed the scanner last night and found my error. I checked everything on the McLean County file and realized it was all of illinois. Check only my area and downloaded and it worked. Car to Car was garbled but everything else was fine. Is the Car to Car supposed to be garbled? Thanks everyone.

cubn

Database Admin
Thank you for your replies. I reprogrammed the scanner last night and found my error. I checked everything on the McLean County file and realized it was all of illinois. Check only my area and downloaded and it worked. Car to Car was garbled but everything else was fine. Is the Car to Car supposed to be garbled? Thanks everyone.
Bloomington PD car-car TG 4992 is encrypted if that's what you're referring to.

melvin1987

Premium Subscriber
RID's

On the ISTHA Maintenance talkgroups today while traveling I noticed a number of new radio IDs appearing in the 17xxx series. They didn't appear to be "new units" but also don't follow the traditional format for tollway units. For example, I caught 17070 as Truck 404 and 17098 as HELP 5.

Any ideas?

Any unit with 04 or 05 is usually a trash truck (Yellow crew cab with liftgate) using the their new APX 6000 portables using either radio's A,B or C. HELP truck drivers also use there own designated HELP portable radios.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
The 470.7125 repeater used for Niles and Morton Grove is being simulcasted to TG 3685, encrypted. Most traffic has been patched from UHF using a Glenview dispatch RID, but the other IDs I've seen have been in the 130xxx and 131xxx range.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
I realize that most traffic on this TG is via the patch from the 470.7125 repeater, but have you noticed any patterns as far as which agency seems to be using which 130xxx/131xxx RID range or ranges?

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
I realize that most traffic on this TG is via the patch from the 470.7125 repeater, but have you noticed any patterns as far as which agency seems to be using which 130xxx/131xxx RID range or ranges?

I haven't, I don't normally scan it, but I will see what I can find out today. FWIW, while listening yesterday I heard a Niles officer say "hopefully we get the new radios soon" after the TC reported his signal was scratchy. Don't know if that means Niles doesn't have any new ones yet or if they only have a few for testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
I know the Technical services Officer who is in charge of the radio system for Niles PD .. First he spent a bunch of money to get the T-band stuff Narrowbanded. Then found out it didn't need to be then to rub salt into a wound. Then found out behind his back they were moving to Starcomm but didn't have any funding set up for it. Had he known he would have never spent the money for Narrowbanding and could have used it for Starcomm

tinman981

Just picked up TG 5789 with UID : 460313 on my bcd536. Nothing in the Database any, ideas

Last edited:

Chicago2210

I know the Technical services Officer who is in charge of the radio system for Niles PD .. First he spent a bunch of money to get the T-band stuff Narrowbanded. Then found out it didn't need to be then to rub salt into a wound. Then found out behind his back they were moving to Starcomm but didn't have any funding set up for it. Had he known he would have never spent the money for Narrowbanding and could have used it for Starcomm
Wow, what a mess and Northbrook PD is using the T-Band again after trying STARCOMM from late August to about October so there is that. This whole UHF T-Band give back sounds very shortsighted.

Status
Not open for further replies.