• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

2019 State Fair

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
This should be real interesting. Any frequency "they" determine is not in use.
Good luck with that. Most all of the DMR frequencies that I've tried to monitor and identify are licensed to multiple users in the county. I was trying, as an experiment, to monitor Southwest Airlines' Love Field system. Couldn't hear Southwest from home, but instead stumbled across a different DMR system at an e-commerce facility in Desoto.

I was at an event at Fair Park last weekend and all of the event staff were using Motorola XPR7550 radios. The identified talkgroups for Fair Park police/security and fire/EMS on both the NCTCOG and local government 800 systems were silent.

IAmSixNine

Premium Subscriber
DPD 12 last year was patched to the Dallas Simulcast site of the COG system. However that is when the fair is operating normally. If you were there for an event thats different.
XPR7550 are primarily UHF Analog, Conv. DMR, Cap Plus DMR and can be upgraded with Con + DMR.

jason51

Premium Subscriber
Some of the state fair and fair park radios and frequencies use to be rented from local radio companies. Not sure if true now, but might check for some activity on the DMR trunking systems in the Dallas area.

DPD 12 last year was patched to the Dallas Simulcast site of the COG system. However that is when the fair is operating normally. If you were there for an event thats different.
XPR7550 are primarily UHF Analog, Conv. DMR, Cap Plus DMR and can be upgraded with Con + DMR.
As best I could tell all of the usage was DMR simplex.

DPD 12 was still patched to the NCTCOG system for the DPS strike team when I was up there. The downtown business district turned into a ghost town at night so I guess things have gotten pretty rough up there.