2055 Conventional Labels

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
I'm still getting acclimated to my 2055 and using Don's Win97 software to program it (I don't think I coulda without you Don).
A quirk I notice,
With the trunked banks it will come up on line 3 with the Bank Header e.g., County A and on line 4 it will display the talkgroup info I programmed, fine.
However, my conventional bank is labeled Conventional and the various freqs are labeled things like Pol 1, Fire 1, etc.; for whatever reason when it gets a hit in Conventional all I see on Line 3 is Pol 1, Fire1, etc; no reference to the Bank name: Conventional.
Did I do something wrong? Thanx

N1BHH

The tag you give to the bank only shows during scanning on the fourth line. The third line will say scanning up...or down. When it stops on a signal it displays your channel's name tag on line 3 and any PL information on line 4. If in a trunked configuration there will be tags on both lines. I use a system name like "MSP Troop D" (line 3) and the talkgroup may be "MSP D Patrol 1" (line 4) or some such. That's not a software quirk, don't blame Don, it's how it normally works.

DonS

N1BHH is correct. The "bank tag" is only shown on the main "scanning up/down" display.

When the radio stops on a conventional (non-trunked) transmission, line 3 shows the channel's alpha tag. If the channel is programmed for CTCSS or DCS, line 4 shows the received tone/code; otherwise, line 4 is blank. (This differs from the PRO-96 behavior, where non-CTCSS/DCS channels have the bank tag on line 4).

When the radio stops on a trunked transmission, line 3 shows the alpha tag for the current control channel or voice channel, depending on trunking system type. If the received talkgroup is programmed into the radio, line 4 shows the programmed alpha tag; otherwise, line 4 shows the talkgroup ID.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys, not blaming it on Don or software. Just couldn't figure out why a line goes to waste in conventional mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.