2096 control channel problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

News4Shooter

We've got a 2096 that has spent it's entire life inside, on a good surge protector, that has suddenly developed a problem.

When I put it in manual, and go to our P-25 control channel here, it should show MO, and it does, but only for a split second. As soon as the sys ID info starts to show up, the audio quiets, and the display switches to DG, where it stays.

I reset it completely, upgrading the firmware to 1.4, and reloading the memory, but it still does the same thing. I took it to our local RS dealer, where it worked. So, I took it back to the office, and it won't work (again). Back to RS, where it works, and back to the office, where it won't. I did get it to duplicate the problem (briefly) at the store a couple of times, but powering down and back up cleared it each time. Powering up and down is having no affect at the office-every time you go to the control channel, you get MO for a second, then DG and nothing. It scans non P-25 just fine, both trunked and regular.

I can take my Pro-96, set it on the desk beside the base, and it works fine, so it's probably not location specific.

Any suggestions would be welcome

Eng74

First rule for scanner problems check the Wx channel. How is woking on that? If it is fine on the the Wx channel then try the ATT. When you took it to RS did you use your power cable or one they had at the store?

Status
Not open for further replies.