• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

218.4 MHz in Garnett Ks

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbloss

Premium Subscriber
I recently found WQDP234 - City of Garnett with an IG Industrial/Business license on 218.4 MHz for pump control.
I vaguely remember some RR and transit use in this 216-218 MHz range, but wonder if anyone can shed some light on this frequency use?

w

I recently found WQDP234 - City of Garnett with an IG Industrial/Business license on 218.4 MHz for pump control.
I vaguely remember some RR and transit use in this 216-218 MHz range, but wonder if anyone can shed some light on this frequency use?

w
Likely used for valve or pump controls for water or wastewater.

According to the Emission Designation of
20K0F1D RD-LAP 19.2 kbps within a wideband channel (2013 compliant, meets data throughput requirement)

Motorola's Radio Data Link Access Procedure (RD-LAP) is a 1G protocol that was used in ARDIS and DataTAC Networks, and is still used in some MDT's, as well as gas companies, police departments, fire departments, financial companies, etc. ... RD-LAP has faster data rates (9.6kbps/19.2kbps).

w

wbloss

Premium Subscriber
According to the Emission Designation of
20K0F1D RD-LAP 19.2 kbps within a wideband channel (2013 compliant, meets data throughput requirement)

Motorola's Radio Data Link Access Procedure (RD-LAP) is a 1G protocol that was used in ARDIS and DataTAC Networks, and is still used in some MDT's, as well as gas companies, police departments, fire departments, financial companies, etc. ... RD-LAP has faster data rates (9.6kbps/19.2kbps).
I see, but what is the allocation of this frequency? It's not a VHF business band. It's below the 220-222 business band. It's not a Railroad/mass transit use. What allows this frequency to be IG?
W

Radio Service IG - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional

I see, but what is the allocation of this frequency? It's not a VHF business band. It's below the 220-222 business band. It's not a Railroad/mass transit use. What allows this frequency to be IG?
W

W
There are various services in the 216-222 MHz band. Some have regular site based licenses and some have auctioned market area licenses.
90.259 covers PLMR stations in the 216-220 band
Part 90 Subpart T covers the 220-222 band
Part 95 subpart F covers the 218-219 MHz band
Part 95 Subpart G covers the 216-217 MHz band
AMTS is in the 217-218 and 219-220 bands

There may be a couple more that I missed.

Last edited:

wbloss

Premium Subscriber
There are various services in the 216-222 MHz band. Some have regular site based licenses and some have auctioned market area licenses.
90.259 covers PLMR stations in the 216-220 band
Part 90 Subpart T covers the 220-222 band
Part 95 subpart F covers the 218-219 MHz band
Part 95 Subpart G covers the 216-217 MHz band
AMTS is in the 217-218 and 219-220 bands

There may be a couple more that I missed.
Thank you Tom, THAT's what I was asking and you provided great answers!
w

Status
Not open for further replies.