255.550 FM - Spanish - 2:21 CST Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowthief

SynCom vs Spectra.

Hello.

Look up SynCom II.
Take a close look at that radio and tell me what you see.
Now, as for 220 radios.
The Kenwood TH-F6a is an easily modded radio, 259.99x is nothing but a flash away, and the radio can be pushed all the way, 137 to 199 MHz on VHF low, 200 to 299 MHz on VHF high, and 400 to 479 MHz on UHF, with limited power output at the band edges.
A mod is around to even do 1.2 GHz, but that is major work for just a few milliwatts out.
The Yaesu VX-7R, likewise, not much of a mod.
Alinco 220 rigs are even easier, the mod takes you to 299 MHz, but the radio will not do the entire 220 to 299 range, you will have to pick a "window" and tune from there, but only one diode.
As far as the government is concerned, in this Bush administration era I would not try anything.

immelmen

no doubt it would be shockingly easy to do, however.....

I would wager to guess who ever lives at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. does not have a whole lot to do with the fact the military or OGA community is gonna get "upset" if you hijack channels on a UHF Follow-On bird their peoples lives depend on. from within the US anyway........

.........Just my guess

prcguy

Syncom II was a satellite launched in 1963 and its also a dual Spectra setup. What are we looking for that pertains to UHF satcom?
prcguy
Hello.

Look up SynCom II.
Take a close look at that radio and tell me what you see.
Now, as for 220 radios.
The Kenwood TH-F6a is an easily modded radio, 259.99x is nothing but a flash away, and the radio can be pushed all the way, 137 to 199 MHz on VHF low, 200 to 299 MHz on VHF high, and 400 to 479 MHz on UHF, with limited power output at the band edges.
A mod is around to even do 1.2 GHz, but that is major work for just a few milliwatts out.
The Yaesu VX-7R, likewise, not much of a mod.
Alinco 220 rigs are even easier, the mod takes you to 299 MHz, but the radio will not do the entire 220 to 299 range, you will have to pick a "window" and tune from there, but only one diode.
As far as the government is concerned, in this Bush administration era I would not try anything.

freqhopping

I'm hearing this freq in Virginia tonight. Came across it while searching for another freq being used in an ongoing military exercise. Russian-sounding

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Heard the usual Spanish-sounding activity this afternoon, along with LOUD car horns blowing in the background for a few seconds, which was different. Never heard any kind of background noise before...

Ken_Allen

It's been going on the past few days. I cant hear it well though. I'm in South Arizona, by Mexico. Using an antenna I made that works fabulous on VHF/UHF airband

Status
Not open for further replies.