$29.97 PRO-84 Compact Scanner and Headphone Bundle

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpawel15x

fredg said:
YEA!!!! No more Nascar Logos!!! Those things were freaking anoying!!

I agree, even at $30 i dont want that scanner because of the logo!! Glad to hear they finally let go of it.:eek:

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
Well, I just went and got one. They didn't have the bundle though, just the scanner. It was also the display model and they somehow lost the box and manual so I didn't get any of that either. For $30, I'm not complaining. It seems to work pretty good too, it's been doing a decent job of picking up ham repeaters even with the stubby antenna that it comes with.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
I got one too, but I already have a PRO 83. I might sell mine, since I have no use for the headphones.

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
It's 4.5" tall, 2.75" wide, and 1.25" deep. It's almost exactly the same size as a 396, but it's just a tiny bit shorter and wider. The antenna that comes with it is 4.25" long.

scannersnstuff

for a basic little knock around scanner,the thing can't be beat.i have 2.gave my wife one.she's not the biggest scanner fanatic.i told her to just shut up and listen to it in an emergency.when they went to $49.99 i grabbed another one.great to take and leave in the car for just listening around.don't like leaving $400 plus radio's in a car.

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
huh. nice price, but cant find a need or use for it. Skipping for now.

Btw, circuit city is advertising the Eton E1 SW for $225 again. In store only. Good luck finding one, I checked zip codes anywhere I may know someone who would be nice enough to buy and ship me one as a favor, and that is like at least 1/2 the national metro areas.

K4DHR

xpawel15x said:
I agree, even at $30 i dont want that scanner because of the logo!! Glad to hear they finally let go of it.:eek:

Its just screened onto the backside of the LCD cover. Gently pull it off and scrape it off. A little gloss black paint (or have it rescreened if you know someone capable of doing so ;) ) and you're ready to go.

af5rn

That seems like a lot of trouble! A simple strip of black electrical tape looks better and is a lot less hassle. If anybody is really eat up with it, you can get one of those P-touch labelmakers, load it with black tape, and print your own "Motorola" tag to cover the NASCAR nonsense. Regardless, you're still stuck with a red scanner, lol.

N4GKS

Bait and switch

Another Rat Shack ploy. RS is useless these days. In 5 years they'll be all cell phones and junk toys. 25 years ago RS was the way to go, now they are the one to avoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.