• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

3 Alarm Frostburg

At least two firefighters inured, taken to the hospital. I heard ambulances called earlier, but don't know if it was for occupants or firefighters. The injured count is at least 2 (or more).

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Would be interested in knowing how the new radio system (FiRST - 700 mhz) worked during this with all the mutual aid companies?

I listened to it from start to finish and the system itself worked very well. From where they were at, they were almost line of sight to Dans Rock with Mt Savage and Big Savage sites both just being a couple of miles away. The only issue I heard was firefighters trying to talk with their SCBA's on. Which to be honest, never worked well on analog either. I was monitoring with UT, and they hammered on the system pretty well, and didn't even come close to busying out the site.