3 quik ones - Montgomery County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q-ball

Man, haven't has the time to come on in a while, as much as i love this board...anyways.i noticed the control channel for the PA west system is no longer 867.500...its 868.XXX...does that mean ill hafta rip the scanner out of my car and do any reprogramming, i noticed the east control channel of 867.262 is still the same, why did the west change, and if my scanner already has that 868.XXX in it, will it just rotate to that freq. for the new cntrl chanl?

secondly....on the ems frequencies, i hear ambulances going out for "cva's" whats a cva?

and i also sometimes hear county ship control burn info to the in car computers, whats cntrl burn info?

Thanks.

mule1075

Feed Provider
what system are you refering to?

cva=cardio vascular attack which is a stroke

cnrtl burn info is more than likely when someone is burning something legal with a permit and they give it to the cars so they know their is no need for a fire response.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Q-ball said:
Sorry, the Pennsylvania 800 mhz trunked system...

You are talking about Montgomery County's system, right?
As long as you have all the control channel frequencies programmed in the scanner, you don't need to do anything. Otherwise, you need to reprogram and add the additional control channel frequencies.

Also, a CVA = Cerebrovascular accident (aka stroke)

Cerebro = brain
vascular = circulatory system (veins, arteries)
accident = something bad happening to the above
A stroke is a blockage or rupturing of blood vessels in the brain limiting oxygenated blood flow to a portion of the brain.

I don't believe the term cardiovascular attack is generally used, but I would take that to mean a heart attack.

mule1075

Feed Provider
yup your right on the cva part.must not of had enough caffeine in my system early on today.brain was not working in the correct fashion i guess.

Q-ball

SO Ben, what made the channel change, for the longest time it was 867.500 for the west system....and what exactly am i missing if i dont have it progrmamed with the other cntrl chans?

Q-ball

Ben, since we're on the topic of ems lingo....what pretel is a "sinkable episode"...perhaps when some one looses consciousness?

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Q-ball said:
Ben, since we're on the topic of ems lingo....what pretel is a "sinkable episode"...perhaps when some one looses consciousness?

You and Septa3371CSX1 pretty much got it...A syncopal episode may be anything from dizziness to fainting to a mild seizure. Syncope is the correct spelling.

Sinkable episode...sounds like a crappy episode of a TV show. Or, a game of Battleship. ;-)

Last edited:

Q-ball

everytime i monitor west, i have only ever seen them on cntrl chan 867.500...

..anyone hear about the vehicle rescue last night on york road in abington, the one officer said to dispatch "we may have a class 5 hear headquarters."....they were calling for the crash team to come out.

what are the different classes for ems...class 1-5.5 being deceased.?

ChrisRupert

Class 1-5 are the patient classifications. Class 1 are life-threatening injuries/medical conditions such as cardiac/respiratory arrest, severe bleeding, etc. Class 2 are stable patients. Class 3 are minor/walking wounded. Some systems use Class 4 as DOA some use Class 5. For those using Class 5 as DOA. Class 4 is used as Psych. patient or refusals depending on the EMS System.

ctrabs74

Q-ball said:

Syncopal episode = fainting

Oops, I guess someone beat me to it...

In any case, from my monitoring, it seems that most syncopal episodes end up as signoffs (at least in ChesCo). It that a fairly accurate description?

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Ctrabs, I guess so if you pass out and get back up. That happens a lot here in Camden Co, NJ. Its usually just low blood pressure when standing. Less often the syncope is something more serious which requires hospitalization (A diabetic emergency, repeatedly slipping into unconsciousness, intoxication, dehydration, etc).

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
ChrisRupert said:
Class 1-5 are the patient classifications. Class 1 are life-threatening injuries/medical conditions such as cardiac/respiratory arrest, severe bleeding, etc. Class 2 are stable patients. Class 3 are minor/walking wounded. Some systems use Class 4 as DOA some use Class 5. For those using Class 5 as DOA. Class 4 is used as Psych. patient or refusals depending on the EMS System.

Yeah, what Chris said.

Here in Montco, the Class 5 reference you heard on the Abington channel would have meant a DOA. Class 4 is for psych issues with a 4X designating a violent psych patient. You most often hear Station 305 transporting "Class 4" to Building 50 at Norristown State Hospital. 305 is Montgomery Co. Emegergency Service (not a county entity). They serve a lot of "302 warrants" (involuntary commitments) with the local police. http://www.mces.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.