• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

30 car accident 3 tt mass casualty

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Mass Casualty Incident for sure involving various fire, ems, and police agencies.

How'd that "INTEROPERABILITY" thing work out on this one ?

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
A Mass Casualty Incident for sure involving various fire, ems, and police agencies.

How'd that "INTEROPERABILITY" thing work out on this one ?
I heared the original call on cromwell fd and then rocky hill and middletown was called i dont know if they used1 talk around channel but it a big mess out there

I heard them tell some of the out of town Ambulances they would need to use Intercity Fire for communications if they had that option. Town Ambulances from Chester and North Branford covered Middletown.

I heard them tell some of the out of town Ambulances they would need to use Intercity Fire for communications if they had that option. Town Ambulances from Chester and North Branford covered Middletown.
Thank you for that info.

That is something that continued to work for a very long time, and "continues" to work these days as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.