$30 sdr rx

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised the RTL-SDR hasn't shown up here yet. It's a DVB-T USB dongle that has a nifty feature, the receiver IC can be set to send the I/Q streams raw over USB to the host computer. There's a GNURadio driver for it. It only has an 8-bit A/D but can run up to about 2.8Msamples/sec. Frequency range is 64MHz-1.7GHz. For only about $30 it's a fantastic way to get started. I'm waiting for mine to arrive, I ended up ordering from seller nooElec on eBay. I'll post when it arrives and I get it working :)

Some handy links for getting started:
rtl-sdr
Welcome to the rtlsdr.org wiki! [rtlsdr.org wiki]
Getting Started With RTL-SDR
RTL-SDR community on Reddit

N1KK

I have had one running for about a week now and have to say I am amazed at how well it works.
64-1700MHz multi-mode reception. I bought whats called an Ezcap for NooElec
on ebay. I had it in about 5 days. It's important to get the one with the E4000 chip.

The same supplier told me he will be having a HF converter for it soon. I have played with
an old 4-22MHz up converter to the aircraft band with mine. Something I bought back in the 80's
from Grove (Monitoring TImes) It works fine for HF reception but would think anything new today
would be better.

Ken
N1KK

N1KK

Apco p25

I just started to play with APCO reception using a SDR-RTL. Not having 100% luck so far
but I have been able to get a few words here and there.

There talk on this over at the yahoo group for SDRSharpe

Ken
N1KK

Status
Not open for further replies.