311.00 Comm 7/23/06 Near Nashville, TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

zonian149

I recorded this comm Sunday 1:06am and thought it was interesting.
The broadcast consisted of the following:

NMU7IG
VWUC4IEIOYUA5H7QGOKTGU

Of course it was all phonetic and at the end he said this is
Presurgent?? out. Not sure about the spelling but that is what it
sounded like. Just wondering what this might mean since I am new at military air monitoring.

mancow

Database Admin
EAM

Emergency Action Message

They are heard on 321.000 as well as others at times too, and HF.

Napalm

Premium Subscriber
I think the callwords used are all generated as well, so you likely won't hear that callsign again.

DPD1

Yes, the E-6s are one of the few aircraft to use unique calls each time... And usually some sort invented word, or at least little known word. I've actually caught them on metros more than anything. Otherwise they tend to slip through the cracks on VHF.

Dave
http://www.dpdproductions.com
- Custom Scanner, MURS, GMRS, Marine & Ham Antennas -

n3bxv

zonian149 said:
I recorded this comm Sunday 1:06am and thought it was interesting.
The broadcast consisted of the following:

NMU7IG
VWUC4IEIOYUA5H7QGOKTGU

Of course it was all phonetic and at the end he said this is
Presurgent?? out. Not sure about the spelling but that is what it
sounded like. Just wondering what this might mean since I am new at military air monitoring.

"Resurgent" was also logged on Sunday up on HF passing EAMs with NMU7IG preambles

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
I heard a similar thing on 311.00 in the Houghton Michigan are this afternoon at 1:35. Identified itself as Essential.

Yeah you will hear those on 323.800, 311.000, 321.000 either on one channel or all or in some combination. There have also been occasional reports of them popping up in other odd spots of the UHF range on rare occasions. Of course you also hear them on HF. They are transmitted (the UHF ones anyway) from the E-6 and E-4s as was previously mentioned by our esteemed colleagues. As was also mentioned they use tactical callsigns which are changed daily. They do however show up in rotation again sometimes. At one time you could pick out these aircraft on UHF and VHF ATC and refueling etc as they used static callsigns but they went to a rotating callsign which makes it more of a challenge. Both the front and back ends used pretty much static callsigns at one point. I also noticed in my area when they started the rotating callsigns they seemed to also start operating more on VHF with ATC instead of UHF. Perhaps keeping a lower profile in all the commercial traffic? Maybe it was just my perception but it sure seemed to be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.