32nd Winter SWL Fest Feb 28-Mar 2, near Philadelphia

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2xq

Mentor
"The Winter SWL Fest is a conference of radio hobbyists of all stripes, from DC to daylight. Every year scores of hobbyists descend on the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania suburbs for a weekend of camaraderie. The Fest is sponsored by NASWA, the North American Shortwave Association, but it covers much more than just shortwave; mediumwave (AM), scanning, satellite TV, and pirate broadcasting are among the other topics that the Fest covers."

This long-running gathering of the clan is a fun event. I was at the first one and have been to many since its beginning. Several hundred persons attend. Details and the registration form are on the NASWA Winter SWL Fest website.

And whether you can attend this year or not, sign up for the Swlfest Info Page fest mailing list for updates. Have a question? Just ask. If you have an amateur radio license, undoubtedly there will be activity on local repeaters by those driving in.

In recent years, WBCQ has aired a live broadcast from the fest. I don't know if there will be one this year, but watch the website and the mailing list for any announcements.

I'll be there. Say hello.

pjxii

Too late for me to put it in my 2019 plans but one of these years I'd like to get to one, especially since I still have family to visit in Philly.

w2xq

Mentor
2020's dates will no doubt be announced in early March, perhaps even at the Saturday evening banquet. Watch the website and the mailing list. My guess? Last weekend of Feb.

mbott

Premium Subscriber
I keep saying that I will get over there for one of these, but I never do. :(

--
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.