Pro-106: Greenville NC and Pitt County Local Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill28227

We will be moving to Greenville NC in a few months and want to get a scanner set up. I have gone to the database and am a little confused. Pitt County is listed as a stand alone system using almost all TDMA. But they are also showing up in the VIPER system as only digital. Which is it? Also, Greenville Police, Fire, and EMS are showing up under the VIPER system digital under Pitt County. Is that correct? Any other local guidance would be appreciated. Thanks,
Bill

reconrider8

yes sir feel free to shoot me a msg and ill help ya out. i also have a pro 106 and a whistler 1040 same scanner just branded different and i have win500 i can build you a file if need be

cjross2008

Premium Subscriber
Pitt Co. Fire/EMS is on the county P2 System and the rest is on VIPER. Last I was told, the City of Greenville and Pitt Co. where having disputes over access to the new system.

GamecockSJ

Greenville Police and Fire/EMS, and the Pitt County Sheriff's Office are on VIPER. Pitt County Fire/EMS is on the county TDMA P25 system, but dispatch is simulcast on VIPER. If the county TDMA system is down, they use VIPER exclusively. There are several TAC channels on the TDMA system and each department has it's own private channel on the TDMA system.

The only Greenville entity using the county system is public works. They lease space on it.

As for other Pitt County towns: Ayden PD and Winterville PD are dispatched by the sheriff's office on VIPER on their own talkgroups. Grifton and Bethel PD are dispatched the by the SO but use the SO dispatch talkgroup. Farmville PD has its own dispatchers and its own talkgroup.

Bill28227

Thank you Gamecock for your report. Both Reconrider and cjross also thank you. I want a scanner programmed properly before I move there because I may not have time to spend hours doing it at that time. You all were helpful.
Gamecock, I assume there are distinctions in car numbers for the various zones or areas of patrol. I will reach out to you later when we move to your city.
Bill

coachrandy

Premium Subscriber
So glad we're getting some local scannists in Pitt/Greenville.I sometime think I'm not hearing all I can on my 436 and my PSR 500 running sentinel on the 436 and Win 500 on the 500.I hope when I get a little more time I can touch base with yall and really get more out of my 2 scanners.Right now I seem to be getting GPD,GFD,Pitt Fire and EMS and PCSO along with SHP but I just want to make sure I've scanning like I should.Not getting SHP in my area as good as I think I should.Thanks for you guys that know helping us guys that want to know

sidehustle

We will be moving to Greenville NC in a few months and want to get a scanner set up. I have gone to the database and am a little confused. Pitt County is listed as a stand alone system using almost all TDMA. But they are also showing up in the VIPER system as only digital. Which is it? Also, Greenville Police, Fire, and EMS are showing up under the VIPER system digital under Pitt County. Is that correct? Any other local guidance would be appreciated. Thanks,
Bill
im lost too

GamecockSJ

I haven’t had my scanner turned on in a few months so I’m not aware of what’s going on lately. We got a new sheriff in the fall election but if she encrypted everything I think there’d be some noise about it in the media.

GamecockSJ

I got my scanner out today and I am hearing PCSO and Ayden on VIPER.

Greenville VIPER site control channel has moved to 853.900. I don’t know when it changed but the DB is incorrect and so was my programming. I’m submitting a change now.

sidehustle

I have a 536hp and can't seem to hear any Pitt county fire departments, I've tried several settings, I can hear Pitt fire dispatch but none of the units, I don't see a tdma module setting on my scanner, do I need to upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.