396 Tgid Limits

Status
Not open for further replies.

action

In an attempt to avoid getting blasted for asking a question without first searching the forum, I conducted an exhaustive search for a question that I was sure had to have been asked but I had no success so I will put my head on the cutting block and ask anyway…..Is there any current or future software update that will allow the storage of more than 200 TGIDs per P25 system…..(BRACE, BRACE, BRACE).

regression

Not that I know of. Even with the ARC396 software, you won't be able to get around that limit. If a radio system you monitor with more than 200 talk groups, you will need to make multiple systems in the 396, use the same control channels in each system, and split up the talk group id's among them.

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
I guess thats the idea I would have is name 2 systems the same or close to the same and split up the tgid's and give the 2 systems the same quick key if needed. I havn't run into the space problem yet and don't like that much compression, unless you're traveling and putting in entire states. I have 45-50 % of my state programed in and only 12% of my memory is used and colorado is almost all digital. Most times you just got to think of things to work around it. Just rambleing now. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.