396T USB Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
I'm looking for the driver to the USB programming cable, I looked on uniden and it sent me to the downloads age buts theres nothing there, does anybody know where I can find it.

MarkWestin

Prolific PL-2303

The Uniden USB to Serial Cable uses the Prolific PL-2303 chip. The current version is 2.0.2.1, (for Windows XP). If you are a member of the Yahoo BCD396T group, it is available there, but if you are not, a Google search should locate drivers for you (think "Prolific")

Mark

_godawgs_

Thx

I just wanted to say thanks for this info. I too was confused on how Uniden was sending me on a wild goose chase to find the driver. You would think that Uniden would provide the driver for a cable that they sell for their radio. It makes no sense!

JHVH-1

Its on the site, but you have to register, log in, and its listed under scanners I think. It should be under accessories or something.

_godawgs_

Yeah i did the whole log in thing, and then went to my scanners listed downloads and still nothing..I even looked at the accessories and found the usb cable and clicked on the link for download driver and it just takes you back to the general download page. I spent like 20 minutes surfing the site logged in and out, still to no avail at finding it. Then i just googled the thing and it brought up R.R., so i just came here and searched on my own.

n2mdk

It's on the Uniden download page people just tent to miss it. It's between the SC230 and the BC246TUASD downloads.

_godawgs_

Wow..I feel so stupid now...it was staring at me the whole time...i guess if i had known that i did not have to click on my scanner to get it i would have maybe found it.
I guess i needed a link on the scanners download page to find it...So to sum it up, i'm apparently blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.