396XT/freescan--QK ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenderblue

What is the use of the system quick key manager in the tools? What if I don't use it? I don't know why I need to use the numbers. I kinda follow the rules on the freescan U-tube video.

frazpo

What is the use of the system quick key manager in the tools? What if I don't use it? I don't know why I need to use the numbers. I kinda follow the rules on the freescan U-tube video.

You do not have to use it. I see it as a birds eye view of your quick key usage. If you have a lot programmed its nice to be able to hover over and see what you have programmed. It also used to see what SQK you have available and which are used.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
That screen has 2 purposes - it enables system or site QKs (in FreeScan, allocating QKs is a 2 step process - you allocate them, then enable), and allows you to check which key is allocated to which system or site. It defaults to everything being enabled (rather annoyingly, frankly, since it keeps a newcomer from actually learning what these keys do)

Mike

Last edited:

cpuerror

It is set to everything on by default so that way when the upload is complete the scanner scans all the programmed systems. If it was set to off by default, they would get a stuck with "Nothing to scan" message, and that can be baffling to a newcomer. At least with everything scanning, they can see the numbers flashing on the screen and figure out that pushing 5 turns off that system.
You can skip using the QK manager by clearing the "Send system QK status" checkbox in the upload screen. That way whatever settings that were in the scanner would be retained after the upload.

SCPD

QRT
Hovering on each box, it also caught a mistake I made in unintentionally assigning the same QK to two systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.